Options

Replies

• DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    Wooooooow. Great job.
  • tanyaheartsfrogs
    tanyaheartsfrogs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I saw your post on the Facebook group "A Year of Running" Your transformation is impressive and so inspiring.
  • natalieobrien76
    natalieobrien76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done!! How do you start with running I am useless at it and get bored. I have a treadmill is that any good for weight loss?
  • bajan_bum
    bajan_bum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it that way.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    With all these great running photos, we may need a mfp running calendar!

Way to go!

LOL, awesome! I'd buy it for @AdrianChr92 's thighs! :smiley:

Who wouldn't!
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    With all these great running photos, we may need a mfp running calendar!

Way to go!

LOL, awesome! I'd buy it for @AdrianChr92 's thighs! :smiley:

blush
  • tridentinefan
    tridentinefan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bravo, indeed!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done!! How do you start with running I am useless at it and get bored. I have a treadmill is that any good for weight loss?

A calorie deficit will give you weight loss, but yes, running anywhere helps you earn more calories to eat while maintaining a total deficit.

@natalieobrien76

Some people have no problem treadmill running. They can put on their favourite music, or watch a program while doing it, and don't get bored.

Others, like me, love running outdoors. I love taking photos of scenery, plants, etc, while I'm out and about. I get great pleasure from that, on top of the amazing feeling of running. I don't run with music, I like to have time to think or zone out.

Each to their own, it's all good.

You also may need to use the treadmill if your weather is extreme. I live in a mild climate, so I haven't needed to use a treadmill.

Good luck!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Sweet! I saw your post on the Facebook group "A Year of Running" Your transformation is impressive and so inspiring.

Thank you!

I'm totally blown away by people's response, and really touched by each person's kind comments.

Running is the best thing that ever happened to me that's not birth or marriage.
  • natalieobrien76
    natalieobrien76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

A calorie deficit will give you weight loss, but yes, running anywhere helps you earn more calories to eat while maintaining a total deficit.

@natalieobrien76

Some people have no problem treadmill running. They can put on their favourite music, or watch a program while doing it, and don't get bored.

Others, like me, love running outdoors. I love taking photos of scenery, plants, etc, while I'm out and about. I get great pleasure from that, on top of the amazing feeling of running. I don't run with music, I like to have time to think or zone out.

Each to their own, it's all good.

You also may need to use the treadmill if your weather is extreme. I live in a mild climate, so I haven't needed to use a treadmill.

Good luck!

Thanks so much. I am starting 0-5k tonight so fingers crossed I will also see a difference and begin to enjoy!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Thanks to all the lovely people who sent me friend requests from this thread!

I love running friends, and I love encouraging others!

• sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on achieving your goals you look wonderful
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Love this encouraging and inspiring story! I started running last month and am eager to get to where you are now. Well done!
  • kazz882
    kazz882 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow you look absolutely amazing, in fact you actually look half the age of your first photo, well done!
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    That is so amazing you are an inspiration to others!! I just started C25K and now in my 5th week and I love it! 2 years ago I could barely last 30 sec jogging! I think this is my new love!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome! rock on!! :smile:
  • cowboy48
    cowboy48 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great Job. Your story sounds a lot like mine. I started the day after I turned 49. I started at 320 pounds and the day I turned 50 I ran my first half marathon at 175 pounds. Congratulations on all your success!
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hard work pays off!! Good job, and this gives me the inspiration to try this novel idea.. i have tried before but always seem to give up if the conditions aren't just perfect... (mindset change is in order)
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and so happy!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Jaw dropping awesome!! Thanks for the inspiration :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!