Hunger pains?

Options
Hi,
Lately I have been experience hunger throughout the day and especially at night. It has been so bad that I keep waking up several times in the night. I try eating eating snacks to get rid of this desire for food, but I just feel bloated and overly stuffed after I eat. Then 20 minutes later I am hungry again. Advice needed.
Thanks

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Are you underweight?
  • Hannahrose888
    Hannahrose888 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and my weight ranges from 90 to 95 pounds. I know that sounds thin but I have small bone structure and I am flat flat chested. I don't think I look underweight.
  • Kati9408
    Kati9408 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat enough it might be uclear. How much do you eat ?
  • david_lopez_101
    david_lopez_101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I saw on tv, the Kardashians, don't laugh, Kourtney feeds her children hummus with veggies for snacks. That actually very yummy and good for you. Who doesn't like hummus? I will try it this week actually for at work snacks. It's perfect I think because it's super low in calories.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Your body is telling you it wants you to feed it.
  • Hannahrose888
    Options
    I eat about 1000 calories a day (don't know for sure). I am really bad at keeping track of what I eat due to the fact that I am grazer. I don't really exercise. But I usually do some walking. I walk about 10,000 to 20,000 steps a day.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough, hence the hunger! eat more!!
  • Hannahrose888
    Options
    For those who say I need to eat more, I struggle to because I feel bloated and overly stuffed after I eat. Advise?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Models don't look underweight, yet they are. Our perception of what normal and healthy bodies look like, is out of whack. Undereating can get your hunger and satiety signals out of whack too. But it can be reversed if you are determined to fix it. Stop the grazing. Eat meals. Plan your meals and track consistently. Aim for 2000 calories and eat whatever you want (not just vegetables - eat a variety of nutrient dense and tasty foods). You will have to tolerate some discomfort, but it will mainly be in your head, and nothing to fear. When you get to normal weight, preferably BMI 20, adjust your calorie intake to maintain weight (1800 calories).
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Models don't look underweight, yet they are. Our perception of what normal and healthy bodies look like, is out of whack. Undereating can get your hunger and satiety signals out of whack too. But it can be reversed if you are determined to fix it. Stop the grazing. Eat meals. Plan your meals and track consistently. Aim for 2000 calories and eat whatever you want (not just vegetables - eat a variety of nutrient dense and tasty foods). You will have to tolerate some discomfort, but it will mainly be in your head, and nothing to fear. When you get to normal weight, preferably BMI 20, adjust your calorie intake to maintain weight (1800 calories).

This!!!!
    You are, in fact, underweight! If the bloating is truly bothersome, a visit to your doctor is indicated. Eating 1000 calories or less a day is very dangerous to your health!
    If you are against taking the above advice-you may have an eating disorder and so professional expert help in that field is needed before you do irreversible damage to your body/mind.