What would eat for dinner if had only 500 cals?

Options
What would you prefer to eat for dinner if you had only 500 cals?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    salad...lots of raw spinach and whatever favorite toppings I could fit in 500 cals...cucumbers, tomato, olives, tuna, eggs, maybe some sour cream or plain yogurt or salsa instead of dressing...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I would roast an entire bag of broccoli or cauliflower with some sea salt and top it with some soy sauce and some protein (for me, baked tofu or beans). Or I would have a salad of shredded cabbage dressed with some salsa and topped with protein.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I eat 500-550 calories for dinner every night at home. The options are endless, but I cook every day.

So are you looking for quick and easy or pre-made?
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    The same thing I eat for dinner all the time. It's rare for me to have a dinner go over about 370 calories. Dinner is also the healthiest most nutrient dense meal of my day, and that kind of stuff just seems to tend to be lower calorie. Tonight I'm making homemade chicken cordon bleu, and green beans. Gonna be all of 314 calories.
  • kschramm7
    kschramm7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd grill chicken or a tuna steak, roast acorn squash, steam green beans and have tons of calories left for a snack later.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Spag squash with pasta sauce and 5 turkey meatballs or a massive salad with feta and chicken
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti with meat sauce. Any food you want. Add up the calories.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Lean meat, like pork/chicken/fish for 100-200 cals. 1-2 veggies like baked zucchini w/ parmesan and olive oil for 75-100 cals. A side of cous cous or perogies for 150-200 cals.
    ahmshaki wrote: »

• bb2much
    bb2much Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Roasted salmon with lemon & olive oil, roasted veggies (like broccoli or zucchini with onions), red potato, salad with good balsamic vinegar.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Steak with onion salad and a knob of butter

Caesar salad with no crutons

Zucchini noodles with bolognese sauce and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese

Filled savoury omelette

Sausages and beans

Grilled chicken with a green salad

Jacket potato with a filling

Stir fry

Tomato soup with a sprinkling of pasta and a boiled egg

Aubergine (eggplant) stuffed with spices and minced meat, topped with cheese and oven baked
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ahmshaki wrote: »

This is my dinner tonight.
    • 8oz of Dr Pepper (Glass bottle. My favorite. It's sold in one place where I'm from, and that's 15 miles away) 100 calories
    • [1] 4oz serving of Turkey Meatloaf (90% lean ground turkey, saltines to bind, 1 egg, and topped with ketchup) 220 calories
    • 1/2 cup of Idahoan Fully Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Mashed Potatoes (high in sodium, but I'm short on time today. Can't make homemade potatoes) 100 calories
    • 1/2 cup of Green Beans 20 calories

All of that amounts to 440 calories. Possibly 460 calories if I use too much ketchup.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    100-150g Steak, 100g baked potato, large salad. Butter on potato, dressing for the salad.

100-150g Mince and pea curry, 100g brown rice, cauliflower spiced with nutmeg, coriander and fennel.

10-12 garlic grilled prawns, 100g linguini tossed in 15g pesto, great beans.

100-150g tandoori chicken, 100g new potatoes, grilled asparagus.

I could go on and on as nearly all my dinners are between 400-600 cals but some are just boring.

ie: 100g sausage, 100g mashed potato, peas.

Cheers, h.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I eat 500-550 calories for dinner every night at home. The options are endless, but I cook every day.

So are you looking for quick and easy or pre-made?

^^ same.
  • pennyholmes1990
    pennyholmes1990 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti...I use whole grain penne. Just have to make sure your portions are in control.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 500 calories for dinner. I have all kinds of different things. I log in advance and have the portion size that fits.
    Tonight I'm having empanadas and a salad. Last night was chicken thighs and an orzo pasta dish with spinach and tomatoes.