Kashi - Yay or Nay?

Options
I need more protein in my diet and I was told to try Kashi Go Lean cereal. It surely has a lot of protein for one cup, which is more than an egg! I was wondering how much it generally costs or if it's worth it. They have some other tasty looking products I wouldn't mind trying. Tell me about your experiences with it! :blushing:

Replies

• live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I love Kashi products.
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't have a full bowl of it every day, because it is expensive, but I mix some in with other cereals. It doesn't have a ton of taste, but hey, more protein!
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    I say YAY for sure. I really have liked all their products I've tried. The price is pretty reasonable too. Also try greek yogurt and add Kashi cereal and whatever type of fruit you like. Yum! I use the greek yogurt with honey.
  • TisMeMuse
    TisMeMuse Posts: 16
    Options
    greek yogurt is a good way to add protein!!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like the cinnamon wheat squares what ever they call it. They only problem for me with cereal is it takes a huge amount out of my carb budget.
  • kaitlinmre
    kaitlinmre Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I eat their protein bars every night that I work. They're delicious! Everything I've tried that they make is really good.
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    I love it. Giant usually has it for $3 or even less when it goes on sale. I eat it plain without milk. They also make some other great cereals.

There granola bars are amazing too. There's so many flavors, crunch and chewy. They never use HFCS in any of their products. They're awesome and I've never had a bad product from them.

I don't work or get paid for saying these things. It's just straight truth.

:glasses:
  • carolynpatitucci
    Options
    I like the Kashi Go Lean Crunch a lot. It has lots of fiber too. You can get it on sale at Target and Walgreens from time to time.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Kashi makes amazing frozen waffles! Just as soon as I got used to buying them every week our stinking Walmart stops selling them, go figure! I say go for it! I have loved all of their products that I have tried!
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I agree, expensive, but not terribly sodium laden and it tastes like "real" food.

The bars are good if you have to eat and run. The GoLean is also good, but I'm not sure I'd eat it without skim milk.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I put a quarter of a cup of Kashi in my morning yogurt, along with raspberries and blueberries. (I also add a tablespoon of pecans.)
  • ruffledviolet
    Options
    I loveeeeee the original. Sometimes I add cinnamon to give it more taste, and yes because it's a bit expensive sometimes I mix it with another cereal. I have gotten it for $2.50 at Wegmans by me though. :)
  • Cindio
    Cindio Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of it. I use ISO Femme bars instead. They have less sugars and are lower in calories, plus I feel fuller longer. They are soooo good!
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    I eat Kashi - Go Lean! Crunch almost every morning for breakfast. I like it a lot, obviously. :P
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    go lean was recommended to me by my trainer in order to get more protein since I can't stand eating eggs and what not for breakfast. It really helps!! I think its worth the money. I can take it to work with me and eat it at my desk.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I eat the original... I really like the taste of it, and it packs a TON of protein too... I've just started eating it a few days ago and it seems worth it to me... yes it is expensive but look for sale prices and its not too bad... high protein and fiber and low fat and sugar (which is what this is) helps me loose weight the fastest... but I was reading an article that too much 'puffed' cereal isn't good for you... so I keep it to just a bowl a day :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    It is tasty, I think the serving size is 2/3 a cup. We got it at Costco for 8 bucks it was huge though. They ran out of it and now we have the Nature's Path Organic - Heritage Ancient Grains Almond Granola it has 5 grams of protein taste about the same.
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    KASHI GO LEAN CRUNCH! PLUS some Greek Yogurt (mixed together)

SOOOO goood, and about 17 grams of protein as well :)
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    YAY!