Any gastric bypass patients on here

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Abilene_Stars
    Options
    I am happy to see that this post is still active!

I had gastric bypass surgery (RNY) on November 17, just a little over 3 weeks ago. I started out at 330lbs and am currently down to 297. The pre-surgery diet was harder on me than the after-surgery changes have been. I LOVE that I have immediate feedback now if I eat too fast or don't chew something enough. I am a quick healer and have doctors who tell me to listen to my body and try out new foods slowly. I'm already able to eat anything I want as long as I chew it enough and eat slowly. I haven't had any dumping syndrome yet (knock on wood).

I would love to have friends who are in the same position I am (or similar) and people who have already been through this.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery in June. I've now lost more post-surgery than pre-surgery. I am adding exercise trying to run ahead of relapse, really. And I love my lighter more mobile self.
  • sarahcoz76
    sarahcoz76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any active gastric bypass members or boards on here? one year out looking for support. Thanks!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    sarahcoz76 wrote: »
    Any active gastric bypass members or boards on here? one year out looking for support. Thanks!

Hi Sarah - try this group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/637-gastric-bypass-vsg-lapband