Thoughts on 2 a days

Options
hjy319
hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
I have been thinking of trying to wake up early and get 30 to 45 min on the treadmill in the morning, as well as continue my regular after work workouts. I am hoping this will help me blast through my current plateau. Anyone have any advice for 2 a day workouts....are they worth it?

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i do two a days almost 4 times a week, if you do, just make sure to work out different muscle areas so you don't get muscle exhaustion
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I've just started walking/jogging in the morning before work. I used to just workout at night, but adding in the morning workout as well has really made a difference in my energy levels throughout the day! I feel great. I usually do my harder workout at night and just use the morning workout as a good way to jump start my day.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    you will know if it becomes too much because you will feel very tired, very sore, or get sick... so just pay attention to your body. you might do cardio in AM and strength in PM so not to overtrain. i have personal experience with this exact issue and on my journey i learned the hard way about doing too much.... it's a long story so i will refer you to my blog. :)

http://payfitforward.net/?p=241
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The person I was seeing said that cardio can be done as often as you like. Be careful not to burn yourself out...that would be my greatest concern. I was doing them for a while and loved it.
  • Wimpey
    Wimpey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    As above, try to gauge it on you how tired you get.
    I would aim at may be 2 double day to start with and then after a couple of week 3 etc...
    Start with low intesity on those days and not too long and build on that too.

If you get too tired then step back.
    Also make sure you have variety of activities or it may get very boring...