Creating food entries - question for people in the UK

Options
As far as I'm aware, on U.K. food labels the fibre is already subtracted from the total carb content. So if something lists the carbs as 30 and the fibre at 2, the total carb content would be 32. Right? But in America, the carb number includes fibre. So if someone was counting their carbs, they'd need to subtract the fibre content themselves.

I don't count carbs but I am trying to keep an eye on my macros, but I'm confused about what I - as someone who lives in the UK - should put in the "total carbs" but when I create a food entry. Should I just put what's on the label, or should I be adding in the fibre as well?

Replies

• squarewheels66
    squarewheels66 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I hadn't given this a thought. I tend to use the database rather than adding manually. I know it's not 100% accurate but I've been losing fine.

Although the chemical composition of fibre is carbohydrate, it is mostly cellulose and indigestible. So the British way seems to make sense to me from a biological point of view.

The only way you'll get calories out of fibre is to dry out your faeces and throw it on the fire :D