What would eat for dinner if had only 500 cals?

Options

Replies

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and Turkey vegetable meatballs
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    ashjongfit wrote: »
    Spag squash with pasta sauce and 5 turkey meatballs or a massive salad with feta and chicken

Jynx!
  • jennb2096
    jennb2096 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken stir fry tonight. La Choy is only 20 calories for a tbsp of sauce
  • jaymo602
    jaymo602 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    On a Keto diet...Cheesecake of course.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    You're all better than me because I was going to say I'd eat pizza or spaghetti or something lol

Monday I had angel hair pasta with spaghetti sauce, parmesan cheese, garlic bread and salad with vinagrette dressing. It was 570 calories. I was extra hungry that day so I had 1.75 servings of pasta instead of just 1 but I could have come in under 500 if I needed to. I had pizza the other day and it was 600 calories, but I could have just had 1 piece of pizza and a big salad and it would have been under, but I wasn't at home and salad wasn't an option so I had 2 pieces. I think it is pretty easy to fit a dinner in at 500 calories. I would go for about 100 g of protien and lots of vegetables.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You're all better than me because I was going to say I'd eat pizza or spaghetti or something lol

I eat pizza for dinner. It's AMAZING how much pizza you get to eat if your order thin crust. I swear 95% of the calories are in the dough

Yeah but this always makes me think that I am paying the same price for much less food. Thin crust my kids will eat their way through a whole pizza, we have to buy twice as many, doubling the cost. Pay the same $, eat one slice each of a thick crust pizza, have leftovers for lunch the next day.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast and a huge salad.
    Chicken stirfry with lots of veggies.
    Shrimp, pasta a veggies
    Thin crust pizza with large garden salad
    Hamburger steak and salad
    Tuna pasta with veggies
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »

I eat pizza for dinner. It's AMAZING how much pizza you get to eat if your order thin crust. I swear 95% of the calories are in the dough

Yeah but this always makes me think that I am paying the same price for much less food. Thin crust my kids will eat their way through a whole pizza, we have to buy twice as many, doubling the cost. Pay the same $, eat one slice each of a thick crust pizza, have leftovers for lunch the next day.

My kid is three. He hasn't developed the love for holy pizza yet. I expect when he does we'll have to get him his own.

#doughisjustaspoonfortoppings
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had:
    8.7 ounces of Stouffer's Signature lasagna with meat & sauce = 369 calories
    1 slice whole grain white toast = 65 calories
    1/2 Tbsp butter for toast = 50 calories
    Glass of water = 0 calories
    Total = 484 calories
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

I wish I could do 500 calories of pizza...I only do pizza once per month...occasionally twice if my kids have been asking and have been good...I can't do it any more than that 'cuz I don't do 500 calories of pizza...pizza night is generally an eff it type of event.
  • criiisdaw
    criiisdaw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    gin
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Pork loin 4 oz, 1/2 cup roasted root vegetables, large spinach salad with 1/2 oz blue cheese crumbles, square of dark chocolate = 485
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    Options
    This is what I had last night.

arykb6f2fce6.png
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    The same thing I eat for dinner all the time. It's rare for me to have a dinner go over about 370 calories. Dinner is also the healthiest most nutrient dense meal of my day, and that kind of stuff just seems to tend to be lower calorie. Tonight I'm making homemade chicken cordon bleu, and green beans. Gonna be all of 314 calories.

What do you make?

My din is usually 550-750 calories

Somebody told me to make chicken and vegetables once

However I'm the karb kween
  • JuliaWarrender
    JuliaWarrender Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Homemade - Beef Stirfry With Veggies and Sauce, 1 cup with 4oz of beef (300) with Noodles, chinese, chow mein, 0.5 cup dry (133). Extra sauteed mushrooms and peppers to go along with it, because they're awesome!
  • ynot1234567890
    ynot1234567890 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    chicken salad. Works everytime
  • dr_soda
    dr_soda Posts: 57 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    --A large Bowl of--
    360g Steamed Brussels Sprouts
    16g balsamic vinegar
    8tsp Mustard

--With a side of--
    89g Boneless Uncured Ham (Which goes great dipped in the mustard, or with a little of its own on the side)

--For Desert--
    265g Plain greek or icelandic yogurt
    24g Honey

Okay, so the honey puts it at about 550 calories. You could probably go a little lighter on the yogurt (say, 200g) since that's almost a cup and a quarter's worth of the stuff, but 265g per 24g is my usual preferred amount for yogurt-to-honey sweetness ratio.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hmm maybe an omelette? Or some rotisserie chicken plus some veggies? You could even eat some of the skin and have a potato. It sounds like maybe you want something easy. There are tons of options for 500 calories though.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Some type of soup with loads of veggies and some nice bread on the side.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    5.5oz extra lean ground turkey is only 165 cal(you can have more) microwaved potato with butter, 1-3 cups green beans very filling or: i just had lunch, canned chicken 4oz, 2 tbl lite mayo, on 1 piece of bread with onions, veggie omelet made with 1 whole egg & 2-3 egg whites