Too many healthy fats?

Options
2»

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I posted something pretty non controversial I thought, but it is also waiting for approval. Weird.

Same. Weird.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2016
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I posted something pretty non controversial I thought, but it is also waiting for approval. Weird.

There are spam filters that are catching specific word/number combinations. That is why certain things are awaiting approval. Its a work around for some of the foreign spam (and has worked nicely).

OP, I would try to use a entry that uses grams and weigh the avocado. They are very calorie dense and tend to weigh more than you think.

ps - all post were approved
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    LAC73167 wrote: »
    Well there was a whole post here I don't know what happened to it!

I was just wondering if this recipe seemed healthy or has too many healthy fats and it is that even possible?

INGREDIENTS:

1 cucumber (peeled and de-seeded plus additional cuke for garnish)
    1 tablespoon onion (minced)
    1 avocado, peeled
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    1 cup water
    2 dash of Sea Salt
    1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
    1 dash of Cayenne Pepper

It sounds fine to me...and also, when you're talking about "healthy" you should really be evaluating the entirety of your diet...all of your meals, snacks, etc not individual food items. In the context of your diet as a whole you should look at this and determine if it's going to make you go over your calorie targets...is it going to cause you to go over in total fat for the day, etc...it's that bigger picture that matters, not the individual sit down.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Okay.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    234 for an avocado is reasonable but yeah, weight that. They can REALLY vary and they are calorie dense.
  • LAC73167
    LAC73167 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great advice everyone! I prob should be wrighing the avocados rather than just judging by size, which I will start doing

my posts all showed up at once didn't realize they were being approved. I thought because I used an Emoji or two (!!) they were being deleted.

I eat pretty healthy throughout the day breakfast just throws me because I'm so hungry when I wake up I'm trying to find something that will fill me up and be super healthy. I'm allergic to eggs and Have an intolerance to gluten so instead of fruit everyday (not a big fan) I'm playing around with different combinations of things.

Thanks again to everybody who responded. I appreciate it