Trying an orange theory class this morning

Anyone familiar? I hear it's pretty intense :) also looking for some girl-friends on this site if you'd like to add me as a friend. We can motivate each other!

30lbs to go!

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Their kool-aid is really expensive.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    It is killer but fun! One just opened by my house so I joined.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Their kool-aid is really expensive.

But MUH epoc
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Fun! I love it. I've been a member for a year now
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    My MIL goes all the time. Hence, I will probably never try it.
  • heatherheyns
    heatherheyns Posts: 144 Member
    My gym offers essentially a knock off of it. They have the same set up, do the same sort of exercises, and use heart rate monitor to work out in specific zones. I like it a lot. It is a good exercise, however I spend only $40 a month for that plus all the normal gym stuff. I don't think I'd spend $140 or whatever for it.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    It's suppose to be aweaome. A bit price prohibited for me as my regular gym is closer and cheaper. Wish I could go.
  • jyamiolk
    jyamiolk Posts: 37 Member
    I have been going to OrangeTheory since February and like the format. The instructor led classes where you have a preset workout to follow that changes daily is great. The classes consist of 24 people. The workout involves using a Water Rower, Floor/Weights/trx exercises and then a block on the treadmill. The workouts change up between Endurance, Strength and Power. Some sessions involve all three. I go three times a week and pay for the 8 sessions a month and then 4 extra sessions. This is cheaper than paying for the unlimited membership for me. I have wasted so much money on regular gyms. Give it a shot.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    I did a trial class and really like it. I felt like I got a great workout. I haven't joined, but if I do, I will do 4 or 8 classes a month. I don't want to give up the other activities I do, but I do want a class. We have a deal through work that it wouldn't be too expensive per class - no more than any other class I have taken.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Why don't you just take it up a notch and join a cross-fit gym instead?
  • cmeezy83
    cmeezy83 Posts: 13 Member
    Well I tried it! I liked it just fine, pretty cardio heavy but fun and I definitely pushed myself. The kool-aid is pretty expensive for what it is and I'm not a huge fan of running on a treadmill so I dunno. Might not be my cup of tea