Do breast size decrease with weight loss?

Options
Hi everyone. I am new here, and I had a question about diet and its effect on breast size. (I know, kinda weird right?) :embarassed: Someone told me that in order to decrease breast size, you need to lose weight rapidly. However, I am not too sure if it will work, and I don't want to screw up my metabolis THAT much by taking in way too little calories. Currently, my intake on weekdays is around 1200.

P.S feel free to add me :blushing:

Replies

• Alison_84
    Alison_84 Posts: 86
    Options
    The very first place I lose weight from is always my chest.. I will lose an entire cup size and THEN start losing from other body parts... go figure lol
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Breast tissue is made of up fatty tissue so as you lose weight/fat your breast size will decrease. Some women lose them first, some women don't lose them much at all. Just depends on how your body lets go of the fat cells.
  • itsdanimarie
    Options
    You are supposed to lose your breast when you lose weight...breasts are nothing but fat...but I have lost 27 pounds and I still have the same size...I guess it varies from person to person.......and its not a weird question because I asked it before...trust me! :)
  • Violetsworld
    Options
    Absolutely, breast size is reduced when you lose weight. The primary reason for this, as I was told from my former personal trainer, is that the fat around the breast area is the first to go in females. So if you don't notice any weight loss anywhere else, it's probably coming from the breasts first.
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Yes! some in the proportion as you lose weight and others just well... reduce greatly. I believe the reason being, they are basically made up of adipose tissue. So I have noticed and read. This even holds true for "MAN BOOBS!"
  • bijalita
    bijalita Posts: 8
    Options
    I think the way you loose it depends on your body but it does happen. I've been losing weight at a healthy pace and I've gone from 44DD to 38D in 7 months.
  • millymoozie
    millymoozie Posts: 150
    Options
    yep first place it went for me was the boobies ,,,,the butt or tummy would of been nice ,but no has to go from the bits your supposed to have lol
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Well yeah. 24 pounds ago, I was a 38DD. Now I am a 36D. So I've decreased size by quite a bit. Not that I mind at all!! You know how hard it is to find cute clothes to fit a 38DD chest?? Impossible, unless they're XXL!!! Uh, much more comfortable now too..no more shoulder pain or underwires digging in to my ribs.

I lost my weight slowly, at an average of .8 pounds per week.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 40D to a 38C with losing 67 pounds. Depending how much you change your lifestyle and your exercise routine, you can lose weight fast and still be healthy. I did it.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Well, boobs are mostly fat. And if you're trying to lose fat, it will probably come off first in the place where you have a lot of it in one spot. Which, for most people, is the boob area. You may not lose much depending on how much you have to lose - I haven't lost anything in the cup, I've just gone down a band size.
  • sracaxaj
    sracaxaj Posts: 9
    Options
    I think where you lose weight is totally dependent on the person. For me, I know as I gained weight, I got bigger boobs so I'm assuming the reverse will happen too??? I know I've seen this happen with others and as far as I know they weren't doing anything dramatic (things like exercising and cutting out pop).

That being said, I don't think my boobs have gotten smaller since I started losing weight although its really hard to tell where the weight loss is happening if its pretty incremental. I'm sure they will though and to be honest, I'm not looking forward to it- I like being big-busted! :wink:
  • mgravy
    mgravy Posts: 47
    Options
    My breasts have shrunk from past weight loss, but not drastically (1 cup size). I think it all depends on how much weight you need to loose--if it's more than 30lbs, you will probably see some decrease in breast size, but if it's less than that, I can't imagine there being much of a change.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah they do! I went from a 38 DD to a 34 B, no joke girl...
  • cieraangel
    cieraangel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I lose in my legs first, but yeah, breasts are fat so if you keep working out, they will go down. Mine haven't gone anywhere, yet. Some folks they go down a lot, some they go down a little.
  • HeatherrSue
    HeatherrSue Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yup...when I first started I was a 38C...now I'm a 34B I lost 10 pounds last month and they seem so much smaller to me all of a sudden. Kinda sucks to lose it there but, I'd rather be a healthy weight than overweight with a nicer rack...lol Good luck to you!
  • Keri_girl
    Keri_girl Posts: 44
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your breasts may not go down with weight loss. There was a time I lost 30lbs and gained a cup size! (And that ws without specific chest related exercises.) As the weight comes off you may notice the decrease in breast size but it is different with every person. By the time I graduated high school I was a DD so mine were all genetics as opposed to fat. I ended up having a reduction done in October 2010 and for me it was the best decision I ever made!
  • tbisca1
    tbisca1 Posts: 142
    Options
    My breasts did not go down until after I lost over 65 lbs. I was at a 42D now I am at a 38 C. I am afraid they will get small in the cup and I really don't want that just smaller around!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I noticed that was the first place I started losing. Thankfully, The boobie weight stopped coming off and the more I lose from other parts of my body the better they are starting to look.

I pray that things stay the same. My boobs are the one good feature I've always had and I would hate to be robbed of that too!
  • lumichelat
    lumichelat Posts: 10
    Options
    Totally agree with stormieweather
    38DD= death to strapless anything:wink:
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Every person is different. Based on my weightloss I have lost 2 or 3 inches and dropped 2 cups sizes. That's only after 35lbs loss.