weight loss

Options
I just began my weight loss journey about a week ago. And I have lost 3.2 lbs. And 5.5 inches. It made me feel proud. I have been overweight my whole life. Do you think if I say I want to be 36 pounds less by the end of the year is that realistic?

Replies

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    How much do you currently weigh?

• tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It depends on your height, weight, activity level, and what you eat. When I began I lost thirty pounds between October and the end of December, but I was morbidly obese (250lbs, 5'3).

So, maybe. Either way, life at the place that's healthy for you. I love that you feel proud, that's a beautiful feeling. If you lose at a sustainable pace you're more likely to keep going and less likely to gain it back.

You've got this.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It depends.. just keep going, you will lose more before the end of the year. So what if you do not make 36 pounds?
  • Janetescalante
    Janetescalante Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are overweight let's say 200 or more then yes that is a realistic goal I was 273 and went down to my current weight 239 in 4 months. My goal is 165 and if you put in the work and if it's a goal you really want you will work hard and see the results :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I think you should just keep losing at a healthy rate and not think about losing X pounds by Y date.

Good work so far!
  • mamadeaej12
    mamadeaej12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm at 264. I should think baby steps. This app said if I keep doing what I'm doing I should be down to 249 in 5 weeks.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It's good to have a goal - but I think having a deadline is putting way too much pressure on yourself and also completely disregarding your successes to date. Keep doing what you're doing and enjoy it :)