Hopefully a one off

Two weeks in to dieting and excercising and I feel really good.

Bit anxious about tomorrow as it's my birthday and my friend has booked a 12 course tasting menu - while I'm sure it will be delicious, it will definitely be over my daily calorie intake

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    It's really up to you how you want to handle these things. When I was losing weight, I sometimes had days when I went over on calories. The key for me was to get right back on plan.

If I had something special like an opportunity to do a tasting menu, I would totally enjoy it, log it to the best of my ability, and get back on plan right afterwards.

Enjoy!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Don't eat all of everything. Leave food on your plate but taste everything!
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    meritage4 wrote: »

Although very hard to do sometimes, you'll be glad you did.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    You don't realize that you already have this won. A tasting menu sounds fantastic.. Enjoy and happy birthday!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    You will reach your goal based on what you do 99% of the time, not the other 1%. Do the best you can to stay in control, but enjoy yourself and taste everything. The key will be getting right back on track the next day. And most people who let one off day derail them do so because of guilt or fear. So just give yourself permission and KNOW you can just keep on heading in the right direction afterwards. Have fun!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    meritage4 wrote: »

If it's 12 courses, it's only one mouthful a course anyway!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    It's your birthday. Enjoy it. Log it if you want (or even can) and get back to your new regular the next day.

Oh and... don't freak out at the scale the next morning. It'll normalize in a few days. In fact... avoid it for a day or two or a week :wink:

Happy birthday!!!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    enjoy your birthday.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    My advice? Enjoy your birthday. This kind of event doesn't happen every week! Regardless of weight loss goals, you are still a human being and still entitled to enjoying some indulgences. Just get back on track once the celebrations are over. This won't set you back :)