Cw:392
Gw:200

Replies

• KCrawford0517
    KCrawford0517 Posts: 2 Member
    Help!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    What exactly do you need help with? Might help narrow suggestions people make. Just a general "help me" can lead to answers that you don't find helpful.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You seem to be doing okay on your own! Well done on your loss so far.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Good job on the loss so far.

The best advice I've received:
    - set mini goals. I always work in increments of 5kg. Half ways through the current one and slowly stumbling towards the 'overweight' as opposed to 'obese' category. I already know EXACTLY which jeans I'll be buying for that occasion!
    - if you stumble, pick yourself up and keep going. A bad day does not equal the rest of your life! Consistency is far more important than perfection. After all... we're all human.
    - Make small changes that are sustainable. If you're ready to kill after a week, it might not be for you. A lot of small changes accumulate. It's like moving a mountain. Don't try to move it all at once. But if every day you move 1 or 2 stones, that mountain is eventually going to be gone.

oh and, the stickies at the top of the forums have a wealth of good information.

If you need more specific help, you'll have to be more specific :smile:
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    There is really only one thing you need to know - and I guess you know that already. The only way to lose weight is to reduce calorie consumption.
    It doesn't matter what you eat or whether you exercise. But a diet is far more palatable if you eat a nutritionally rich and varied selection of foods and ramp up activity as you get thinner.
    I have finally discovered that starting on a very low intake and then ramping up portions of healthy foods like lean protein, wholemeal carbs, fresh fruit and veg and full fat dairy 100 cal portions at a time as you get to maintenance protects the metabolism.
    I'd monitor weight, calories and activity every day. Over time you'll gain knowledge from your own stats.
    Good luck!