Bodyfat

Options
Whats your current bodyfat %? Are you happy with it or do you have a goal to reach?

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Ways too high - currently around 40% , depending on how you measure it (up to 5% variation from the different measurement methods). Not happy with it at all. Trying to get it down to a healthy range with my current target at around 25%.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    No idea - and yes I'm happy with it, whatever it is! :)
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'd advise not to get hung up on body fat. The home scales we use just aren't accurate enough to bother with. Use weight to height tables, eat a varied nutritionally rich diet, keep active and let your body do the rest. (Which it will - supremely efficiently).
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have no clue. I am very happy with it. :)
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Yeah you folks are probably right.

I only became curious 2 days ago and it seems to have become a focus for me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    don't know what it is... but i know there's a bit too much of it!
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    Options
    Pretty damn bad, but hey, I'm a work in progress. Mine is 51%.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    WAS about 20-23%... now about 26% ish boo
  • PJBrice1911
    PJBrice1911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No I am not happy with mine. 25% last time I check. I am trying to get it down to 12% and 20lbs also.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'd advise you to care very much about body fat. While the home scales aren't accurate, if you use the Navy Body Fat Calculator and visual estimates with those online picture sites, you can come pretty close.

I'm currently 22% on the Navy Calculator (LOL... no) and maybe 25-26% by visual estimates.

Personally, I'd like some pesky areas to lean out a little bit more.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I think I'm at about 27%, but that's a rough guess using a measuring tape and online calculator. Higher than I expected, so this has made me decide to work a little harder!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Around 14%. Little way to go!
  • JustMissTracy
    Options

Trig...can you tell me...if I'm at 27, and at a nice weight (121)..do I really have to lose more weight to get my bf down?
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'd advise you to care very much about body fat. While the home scales aren't accurate, if you use the Navy Body Fat Calculator and visual estimates with those online picture sites, you can come pretty close.

BF% is definitely one of those "want to have a ballpark" numbers.
    I use the tape method too, which is quasi accurate. Sometimes doing a pic comparison can be hard due to where someone carries weight.

I figure I'm somewhere in the 17-22% range.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options

Trig...can you tell me...if I'm at 27, and at a nice weight (121)..do I really have to lose more weight to get my bf down?

muscle mass helps.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. My guess would be 19-20%? I do like it though, but I'd like to be a little bigger with the same BF%
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I have no clue myself. I have a flat tummy. That's mainly all I care for. Haha.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »

muscle mass helps.

Thank you! The thought of losing more weight (lost 80 already) is not one I cherish; the loss is really starting to show in my face, so I'd rather not lose any more. I do a fair amount of body resistance workouts and cardio, and a small amount of kettlebell workouts, maybe I'll increase those and see if it helps..
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Also no idea

Oh I have a reading on a bio impedence scale

And I also went for a dexa scan

But still have no idea

Turns out even though I firmly believed that dexa would be accurate, that operators can calibrate it in different ways so all the charts and averages I've seen were irrelevant to my readings as the operator told me where I stood in relation to the people he'd scanned and suggested I took off 6-7% to be relevant to the Google charts and images. @tomteboda also explained how they worked to me and how inaccurate they can be

son, I was disappoint
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

No ....recomp

Protein and progressive resistance