Anyone here take Phentermine?

Options
oualline1986
oualline1986 Posts: 2 Member
Phentermine side effects or if you've ever taken it what to expect weight loss wise

Replies

• Marijune1012
    Marijune1012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started phentermine on July.31...Side effects I have experienced so far is dry mouth and a tad bit of phenrage. The plus side of the dry mouth is the need to drink lots of water which is great for you anyway. My first night I had a little trouble sleeping but been fine since. Weight loss is going well, I have already lost 6 pounds in my first week.
  • princesswahine618
    princesswahine618 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tried it but got severely dry mouth. My doctor put me on Contrave the first of the year and I've lost 44 pounds since then. I had lapband surgery 3 years ago. Got off the path and this helps suppress my appetite.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    6lbs in first week of real loss would be very unhealthy (unless morbidly obese) . You would have to be at a very calorie deprived level of intake. Please make sure you maintain a healthy diet while using it.
  • bstewart1973
    bstewart1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I actually just started taking for a second time. I haven't been very committed so I'm making sure I take it every day.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I took it a few years ago for about 3 months and wish I never had.
    Lost almost 30 lbs but it left me so lethargic feeling. Stopped my menstrual cycle .. I cried or felt really emotional over everything.
    I didn't have an appetite at all almost so trying to eat enough calories to stay healthy was hard. When I stopped taking it I wanted to eat everything in sight. I've slowly put back on all the weight I lost and feel like it might have done something to my body's metabolism ... Idk. I'm sure it works great for some people.
    The doctor even tried combining it with another pill for the lethargic feeling but that started making my hair fall out.
  • Taphophobia
    Taphophobia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've taken it for a few months. It's really helped my weight loss (Down to 240 from 310!) probably because it curbs my unhealthy habits. I'm just not hungry anymore. Or, at least not ravenous like I was.

It's become way easier to make healthier choices since I'm not "starving" and just trying to convince myself I should eat whatever I want.

It's a light stimulant, too, which probably helped with my workouts.

Is it a miracle drug? Nah. But what is?
    Will it help if you're willing to put in the hard work by dieting and exercising? Absolutely.

Honestly, when it comes down to it, I think it just helped me break through the mental barriers I had and it's probably done me a lot of good in the long run.

Just make sure you're seeing a doctor every month or so while you take it, as it could lead to some issues with blood pressure. It's not something I've experienced, but better safe than sorry.

Good luck!
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I've taken it for a few months. It's really helped my weight loss (Down to 240 from 310!) probably because it curbs my unhealthy habits. I'm just not hungry anymore. Or, at least not ravenous like I was.

It's become way easier to make healthier choices since I'm not "starving" and just trying to convince myself I should eat whatever I want.

It's a light stimulant, too, which probably helped with my workouts.

Is it a miracle drug? Nah. But what is?
    Will it help if you're willing to put in the hard work by dieting and exercising? Absolutely.

Honestly, when it comes down to it, I think it just helped me break through the mental barriers I had and it's probably done me a lot of good in the long run.

Just make sure you're seeing a doctor every month or so while you take it, as it could lead to some issues with blood pressure. It's not something I've experienced, but better safe than sorry.

Good luck!

Exactly this. I took it a couple years back and it curbed my appetite and gave me energy. I also lost a decent amount of weight. I did have some issues with it bringing my heart rate up a little too high at first (I had a high intensity labor job at a factory + I was taking energy pills on top of the phentermine a big no-no) so that was my own fault, really.
  • HayleyAnne012911
    HayleyAnne012911 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My journey has been back and fourth, and I'm currently at my lowest weight, but also trying to beat diabetes. I started at 425 in 2010, and am now 286. I realized I've lost a whole person, but I'm still thriving to be better. My obgyn gave me provera to induce cycles and since then my cravings have been crazy.
    My primary suggested I try phentermine to try to curve the appetite. I do need to drink more water so I'm not to worried about dry mouth.
    I'm gonna start this weekend that way if i'm up all night it won't effect my sleep for work
  • Whitbygramgirl
    Whitbygramgirl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me a little bit about this? Why take it?
  • scbelle1965
    scbelle1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm taking it to help me get back on track with my eating. It curbs my appetite and gives me energy which in turn gives me motivation.
  • VineshiaCox
    VineshiaCox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm currently talking it and I haven't had any side effects at all that are common. It works but the side effect I do have is making me want to stop taking it,Aunt Flow for 3weeks now
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Jenlybean
    Jenlybean Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just took my first dose yesterday. It was a half pill. I am following my same 1200 calorie diet. Are you taking the full pill? What eating plan are you following?
  • mamacita99
    mamacita99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just got a 30 day script - and I'm hoping it will help curb the hunger, and allow me to get my portions under control. My doc said he will prescribe 3 months worth - but I have to come in monthly to check my vitals, and see where I'm at. I already run 2 miles a day, on top of 10,000 steps. Dr. said in 90 days my stomach will shrink so much that tiny portions will fill me up. Yes, I have to make life changes, but seeing results in a short amount of time will motivate me.
  • quizzicalgrrl
    quizzicalgrrl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I used it 10 years ago. I tried it again last year and it didn't work!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me a little bit about this? Why take it?

Phentermine, a contraction of "phenyl-tertiary-butylamine", is a psychostimulant drug of the substituted amphetamine chemical classes, with pharmacology similar to amphetamine. It is used medically as an appetite suppressant.

That. Btw, crack-cocaine helps to lose weight too but what't the cost.
  • shaypat83
    shaypat83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on phentermine now. This is my second one. I love it and when I stopped the first time I didn't gain any weight back. If you go to a great clinic they will teach you how to eat properly.
  • loveyhowellthethird
    Options
    I started phen today 1/2 dose so far so good. Was buzzing some, has helped with cravings. I am going to a clinic and counseling. I love carbs and it shows! I m a busy professional and always eating bad foods at lunch and dinner. Keeping carbs under 60 and protein 70 - 100 range 1400 cal. Any users feel free to friend me! Good luck all!