What would eat for dinner if had only 500 cals?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My dinner plan today is 508 calories, a grilled fillet of salmon with a squeeze of lemon, 350 g of a variety of stir-fry vegetables, 78 g of rice and beans, and a piece of DKB bread with 3 g of butter.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,357 Member
    Options
    The Farmfresh chicken meat balls with sundried tomatoes are only 100/cal for 6. Good for sandwich too
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You're all better than me because I was going to say I'd eat pizza or spaghetti or something lol

Nothing wrong with what you suggested :smiley: Spaghetti sounds YUM! Not a food I can moderate too well yet but... if I make a portion that fits the cals, counting sauce and toss in some protein. Works for me :wink:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Depends on my needs that day. Could be fish or chicken mostly, or could be a pasta dish mostly.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You're all better than me because I was going to say I'd eat pizza or spaghetti or something lol

Nothing wrong with what you suggested :smiley: Spaghetti sounds YUM! Not a food I can moderate too well yet but... if I make a portion that fits the cals, counting sauce and toss in some protein. Works for me :wink:

To moderate pasta, I've started using a short pasta like penne and adding lots of veg so the bowl is full but way less pasta. One of my favorites now.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    11 reeses peanut butter mini cups
  • Woodslass228
    Woodslass228 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had 4 oz boneless skinless chicken thighs, 1 tbsp sugar free low carb barbeque sauce, and homemade low carb coleslaw. 236 calories, leaves enough for a strawberry sugar free jello cup and whipped cream later :)
  • LiveStellar
    LiveStellar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chicken, rice, brocolli
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I've been able to tweak recipes to fit most of what I eat into that 500 calorie limit. Tonight I'm planning on having a bowl of chicken fried rice, a salad and some fruit [comes up to about 750 calories, but for 500 all you'd need to do is omit the salad and fruit].

Some other meals that would fit in that 500 calorie range is tuna salad on a bagel with fruit on the side [492 calories] or a couple slices of low-sodium pizza along with some fruit [~480 calories]. It usually depends on if I feel like cooking something fancy or not.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    "Eggs in hell" - 2 eggs poached in jarred spaghetti sauce, on toast.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin (4 oz), roasted delicata squash, and sautéed kale.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I would eat 500 calories worth of whatever I felt like having
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    Options
    ahmshaki wrote: »
    What would you prefer to eat for dinner if you had only 500 cals?

What I normally eat for dinner. I usually only have about 500 cal for dinner.

• LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had 4 oz grilled chicken, 1/2 cup Zatarans black beans and rice, 2 cups of lettuce with 70 calories of mandarin oranges and 1 TBSP of salad dressing. 345 calories. I am carefully plotting what to do with my extra 80 calories left for the day!
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Freed tenderloin and a harvest pumpkin salad....my dinner tonight and it's about 350ish
  • ogtmama
    Options
    An open faced English muffin with avocado, a fried egg, and salsa on each side...and a skinny cow chocolate frozen truffle bar
  • 808Trish808
    808Trish808 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had a pork chop with cream of mushroom, green beans with red potatoes AND a side of Kim chee all for around 400 cals... 500 cals makes for a very filling dinner!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Big bowl of Spaghetti with Meat Sauce or Mac & Cheese. It's been 5 years since I've lost the weight and I'd still prefer to eat those 2 things over anything "healthy".
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »

I eat pizza for dinner. It's AMAZING how much pizza you get to eat if your order thin crust. I swear 95% of the calories are in the dough

Yeah but this always makes me think that I am paying the same price for much less food. Thin crust my kids will eat their way through a whole pizza, we have to buy twice as many, doubling the cost. Pay the same $, eat one slice each of a thick crust pizza, have leftovers for lunch the next day.

White flour is super cheap. I reluctantly stopped thinking of things made with white flour as food, and lost weight.

If I'm feeling worn out and want something easy, I'd have Greek yogurt with almond butter, or protein powder pancakes, or both. Otherwise, a giant crab cake would be delicious, with a veggie side.

• ogtmama
    Options
    Big bowl of Spaghetti with Meat Sauce or Mac & Cheese. It's been 5 years since I've lost the weight and I'd still prefer to eat those 2 things over anything "healthy".

"big" bowl of spaghetti and meatballs for 500 calories?