Two and a half pounds in two days...

Options
I was doing great and then the past two days I had dinners that were NOT my usual, healthy fare. I was still within my calories but they were carb heavy (pasta). I'm up 2.5 pounds now. This is water weight, right? I have been guzzling water but it hasn't budged. Is this going to take weeks to lose?

I need someone to talk me off the ledge hahaha. What should I do (besides return to my healthy meals and drink water)? Thanks friends!

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    It is water weight and can take several days to normalize.

So now... slowly back away from the ledge, put down whatever sharp and pointy things you're holding and just keep going.

Weight fluctuates, especially for us girls. It's the trend which is important. :wink:
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladyreva78,

It's SO frustrating to work SO hard to lose a few pounds but to see it immediately show up after a plate of spaghetti! UGH....*puts sharp object down*
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    1lbs fat = 3500cal
    2.5lbs = 8750cal.
    You didn't overeat by that much, did you?
    There you have it then :smile:
    And you shouldn't do anything. It will go away eventually. Since it is not fat I wouldn't care.
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good lord, I hope not! Ha! Thanks for the perspective
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    swanny320 wrote: »
    Thanks Ladyreva78,

It's SO frustrating to work SO hard to lose a few pounds but to see it immediately show up after a plate of spaghetti! UGH....*puts sharp object down*

That's because the weight of the spaghetti that started out on your plate is now in your stomach, along with all the water you 'guzzled.' ;)

Real fat weight loss/gain doesn't work quickly like that. Body weight can temporarily fluctuate as much as five lbs from one day to the next. That has nothing to do with losing/gaining actual fat. :)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    It definitely is frustrating. There are some days I just plain refuse to step on the scale because I know that water weight will appear there.

What's more important in these cases is to trust the system and just keep going without freaking out. If 6 weeks later those 2lbs are STILL showing up on the scale, then you may panic.

I've lost 15kg (about 33lbs) since January trusting the system. I've had days where there were suddenly 2kg (upwards of 4lbs) more on the scale (hello TOM). It was horrible when I was told I have to increase the amount of salt in my diet (not something you hear from doctors very often). It took about 2 weeks for my weight to normalize from that water bomb. But that's all it is: water.