40+ and workout junkies

Options
Hi! I'm looking for friends on this site to connect with — specifically, 40+ MFPers who really like to play sports, work out and have fun! I work out at a Crossfit gym, play ice hockey, snowboard, run, and go on hikes. (Believe it or not, with how much I love to exercise, I still have a darn 20+ pound spare tire to lose — it took a while for me to realize at 45 that I couldn't enjoy two glasses of wine at night or eat anything I wanted anymore!!! :-) I'm hoping to connect with other 40+ people who might want to inspire each other to try a 10k, or an online eating challenge, or just keep each other accountable. (I did try the 40+ group but it's awfully big now!!!) Does anyone else find there are unique challenges after 40! Thx all!

Replies

• pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
  • greena
    greena Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! Just joined the 40 and fab group. :smile:
  • 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a small group. I found the two mentioned, way too big for me. It was hard to keep up. I'm into fitness and nutrition.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm 40 and just had a baby so I'm working on getting healthy and trying to shed that weight. Before baby I was a runner and had used MFP for years to get to the weight I wanted. now I've got 20 lbs to lose. I'm back to working out and logging and try to do my best every day.
    I too enjoy the outdoors and ran plenty of 5k, 10k and tri(s) before baby. I hope to get back to my running soon :)
  • greena
    greena Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great to connect with others on here!!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, lift weights & love hiking. I'm hoping to do some snowshoeing this Winter to stay active.
  • JoanneKendrick
    JoanneKendrick Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi am 44 and I enjoy keeping fit and eating healthy. I am just finding it hard to loose weight even though I exercise and eat healthy. It really gets me down
  • cjdalla
    cjdalla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and getting back into running. Loving it but I really relate to what you wrote. Turns out indulging and 2 glasses of wine a night do not help with weight loss.