Kashi - Yay or Nay?

Options

Replies

• MovesLikePuma
    Options
    I like the Kashi Go Lean Crunch a lot. It has lots of fiber too. You can get it on sale at Target and Walgreens from time to time.

Go Lean Crunch is my favorite as well. I get the kind with almonds and flax seed to add the extra protein, etc.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I looooove Kashi. My favorites are the Wild Oats and Blueberry Clusters, Strawberry Fields and the fruit and nut trail mix bars. The only thing I dislike (and this goes for pretty much every cereal) is that it takes a lot from my carbs and fills up most of my sugar allowance for the day. But I'm usually over on sugars every day anyway so I don't let it bother me. Nomnom, I just finished my last box yesterday. Have to go get more.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Kashi makes amazing frozen waffles! Just as soon as I got used to buying them every week our stinking Walmart stops selling them, go figure! I say go for it! I have loved all of their products that I have tried!

Mmm. yes I love their waffles! And their pizzas are good. Actually I've never tried anything by Kashi that I didn't like. Some I like better than others. I really love the chewy granola bars, their cereals and the 7 grain pilaf. I wish they'd sell the pizza crusts plain because I like to make my own pizzas but like their crust better than any other whole grain I've tried.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to regular Kashi GoLean. I use it with almond milk (I'm allergic to milk) and it is soooo yummy and filling. It's comparably priced to other cereals and is by far the most nutritious breakfast I have found - not only does it have a lot of protein, but it also has tons of fiber and very little sugar (6 g).
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Their stuff can be pretty expensive, so I would look for sales and coupons if you can. I have had some kashi products that left me craving a cardboard box because it was so bland, and I have had other kashi products that were very tasty. You may need to try a few to find what you like.
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    go lean was recommended to me by my trainer in order to get more protein since I can't stand eating eggs and what not for breakfast. It really helps!! I think its worth the money. I can take it to work with me and eat it at my desk.

Lol I do this too. The bottom drawer in my desk is my "Kashi Stash".
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I really like Kashi Go Lean Crunch but it is a little high in sugars. You can't beat the fiber and protein though! I like to mix equal parts Go Lean Crunch with plain Green yogurt. It is a protein bomb in a bowl!

If any of you belong to a warehouse club, look for Go Lean Crunch. The one I go to (BJs) has it for $8 which is two sealed bags that are much larger than standard size and works out to be fairly cheap.
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    Wow, you guys definitely proved how great it is! I'm going to pick some up A.S.A.P. Trying to lose these last 10 lbs is sounding tastier and tastier, lol. Thanks for the support guys!!! :love:
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I eat their cereals (Island Vanilla and Cinnamon Harvest) almost every morning. Their TLC crackers are AWESOME; fire roasted vegetable, asiago cheese, and the original seven grain are great with some cheese squares. If you have a sweet tooth their cookies (trail mix and dark chocolate) are a good fix for the sweet tooth. My wife loves the pumpkin spice flax bars as a quick breakfast; I like them just for a snack.

I do NOT work for Kashi... I just really like their stuff because they taste good and are good nutritionally.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I like many of the Kashi products that I've tried. Since you specifically asked about the regular Go Lean Cereal, yes, I like it too. It's definitely much more filling than most cereals. Most days it will last me till lunch, and if I do need a morning snack it will just be something small like a string cheese or small piece of fruit. Around here the cost is quite comparable to other cereals at $2.88 per box.
  • blynnarnold
    blynnarnold Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Kashi - Honey Almond Flax for the last 2 weeks. I mix it in some activia every morning and I LOVE it. I didn't think I would like it that much but was pleasantly surprised. I say give it a try. It's worth it. :)
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I absolutely luv kashi, products ... I try to buy it every time I go grocery shopping.. One of my favs are strawberry fields, & go lean crunch.. I usually take the go lean crunch and put it on top of my organic yogurts.. I never tried the bars because whole foods has the same for a cheaper price.. But I think I will next time I go shopping
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I LOVE kashi... I am just throwing a shout out, because noone has mentioned it yet, but I LOVE their dark chocolate cookies... they are in the cookie isle, and they are delicious... they are more of an oatmeal cookie but totally worth every penny.

I eat the cinnamon harvest shredded wheat. it is my all time favorite. Its expensive and it is carb expensive. but I know I am eating real food and that is worth it. sooo yeah.

I say go for it, you will love it!
  • monky13grl
    monky13grl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I live by Kashi. They are expensive, but nothing compared to the mental ease it puts me at. I eat their cereals (I do mix them a lot). In a pinch I have their frozen meals (but they are the ONLY ones I will eat now). When I have a pizza craving, theirs is an amazing substitute. Again, they are expensive, but worth it in my opinion.
  • hoosiergal31
    Options
    Sorry if this is a repeat, I didn't read all the responses. Kashi Go Lean Crunch is SO reasonable at Costco- I can't remember exact price, but it's very, very reasonable considering how healthy it is. I have Kashi DAILY as it helps me enjoy the closest thing to DESSERT for me-- I crush it so that it's closer to the consistency of granola & I have it with my Yoplait Lights- it makes the Yoplait taste less fake-sugar-diet-y & when I pair it with things like Apple Turnover or Blackberry flavor, it's kind of the closest I can have to a fruit cobbler now. So it's not just great with milk- it's wonderful with yogurt & SO SO worth it, I buy 2-3 giant boxes every time we go to Costco!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm a big kashi fan...it is expensive, but the granola bars are very good
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    Ahhh, you guys are teasing me! I don't go grocery shopping until Saturday! I want my Kashi! :sad:
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi - I love Kashi! I eat it for breakfast every day! Sometimes I will add a tablespoon to a Chobani yogurt to get some crunch. It's also got alot of fiber!
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    We are a Kashi Family! lol

My kids love their Honey Sunshine cereal and I love Go Lean Crunch, so yummy and it would make a good crunchy snack!

Also, their granola bars are just YUM! Especially the Cherry Dark Chocolate and Coconut Chocolate. *drool*

I live in Canada and have never seen the pizza or cookies...darn!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kashi Go Lean Crunch. I am lactose intolerant so I put it in yogurt :) Mmmm so good.

If you're looking to add in some protien try replacing rice or other carb sides with Quinoa. It is a delicious grain packed with nutrients and high protien :) Also try throwing chick peas in with your salads or mix it in with rice ...or quinoa! lol