How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    i hop on the scale daily, but only count it on fridays (official weigh in day). for me daily weigh ins help keep me accountable, especially on the weekends, and i've been better able to see how too many processed foods and/or sodium can eff up my numbers. i also measure my waist 1x/month, which is really what gets my hyped up :-)

like everyone else i weigh in first thing in the am after my morning pit stop, lol.
  • WowieGarcia
    Options
    Once a week, Thursdays in the AM.

Okay, I lied. LOL! I cheat sometimes, like if I feel "thin" when I wake up, I step on the scale to see if I have lost weight. More times than not, I am correct. I don't log that weight tho. I only log my Thursday weight no matter what.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every morning..like most others, after i use the restroom, and i wait about 90 minutes after i wake up, to give my body time to wake up, and get started..i personally feel it gives me the sense of what i eat daily either helps or hurts, and gauge my decisions from that ( sounds weird and all ) but i need to see my daily progress..i don't officially weigh in on fitness pal until sunday mornings tho
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I see the majority of you weigh once a week, and you sound like me when you say you "sneak" a peek during the week lol! Just wanted to make sure I was still on the right track. Great ideas here and I always say that it's what works for you - whether once a week, every day, or whatever. Thanks for the feedback!
  • chichi_76
    chichi_76 Posts: 30
    Options
    I do more often, usually daily, in the morning after I go to the bathroom and before I shower. I know a week can have ups and downs, but I do it anyway.

Same here
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I do it twice a week. Monday to check to make sure the weekend didn't mess me up, and Friday before my two days of relaxation. Most people do it once a week though. I find twice is better for me, I have to watch everything carefully because of my hypothyroidism.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    every day!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I too am a former WW-er! And I actually love still going by my weigh-in day, and weighing in weekly at the same time of day under simular circumstances each time (in the morning, after using the toilet, before eating or drinking anything, and naked!). For me, since I know the day (Saturday), I just try to limit the high-sodium foods on Friday. And if for some reason I go out to eat with friends on Friday night, then I simply weigh-in on Sunday, OR just accept that this week will be a water-weight gain. No big deal, really! :-)
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am also a former WWer and weigh in on Tuesday mornings in the AM after going to the bathroom, before I eat. Weighing in more than once a week is not for me. The fluctuations would drive me crazy!
  • nicbic123
    nicbic123 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    every day when i get up!!
  • icewyche
    icewyche Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as I'm getting dressed just to keep tabs on my progress...but I only put it in the database if it's lower than the previous weigh-in. :wink:
  • koahope
    koahope Posts: 15
    Options
    Too often!!
  • pepperedmoth
    pepperedmoth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as I'm getting dressed just to keep tabs on my progress...but I only put it in the database if it's lower than the previous weigh-in. :wink:

LOL, that's exactly what I do. I get less emotional about fluctuations if I step on the scale every day. I do get super excited when I get to log it, though!
  • MrsUski10
    MrsUski10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in Monday mornings
  • ladyrhees
    ladyrhees Posts: 26
    Options
    I too am a former WW-er! And I actually love still going by my weigh-in day, and weighing in weekly at the same time of day under simular circumstances each time (in the morning, after using the toilet, before eating or drinking anything, and naked!). For me, since I know the day (Saturday), I just try to limit the high-sodium foods on Friday. And if for some reason I go out to eat with friends on Friday night, then I simply weigh-in on Sunday, OR just accept that this week will be a water-weight gain. No big deal, really! :-)

LOL, was like reading a page in my own life story, though my weigh-in day is early Sunday am. It's the day farther from the 2 days of "well, crap there goes my limit for the day" when my hubby is off on Tues & Wed. (Mondays can be too unpredictable.) I try to watch the "how much" more than the "what" on those days. :laugh: And though I'm now on the Depo shot, I still keep in mind that there will be a week that things just flat might not go my way, accept it and move on.