• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    No, not if calories were the same.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli squares come individually wrapped. The dark chocolate ones give me more chocolate flavor (less sugar). I'm way less likely to go overboard with dark chocolate.
  • AngeleyesJo
    AngeleyesJo Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Would having a small by of choc daily harm weight loss?

No...weight loss isn't about eating or not eating a particular food or foods...it's about energy (calories)

Here's an overly simplistic look at what is going on, but it covers the basics...a calorie is a unit of energy...we require energy to exist...we require energy to do our daily...we require energy to exercise, etc...we all have a certain energy (calorie) requirement as per our physical stats and overall activity level...when we consume energy in excess of that requirement, that surplus of energy is stored as body fat...it's reserved energy...it's essentially your backup generator. When we consume less energy than required (calorie deficit), that deficiency of energy has to be made up...so the backup generator kicks on to make up for that gap in energy and we burn body fat and overtime we deplete our stored energy which results in losing weight and getting leaner.
  • sophiesmom56
    sophiesmom56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I have a sugar craving I usually just go for it.. whatever it is. But lately the cravings are more and more so I'm going to indulge in a bitter chocolate bar--- like 70 or 80% cocoa.. I tried this a few years ago and it helped a lot.