What would eat for dinner if had only 500 cals?

Options

Replies

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    My dinner for tonight is around 500. Grilled cheese with spinach and tomato, a cup of soup, and a side of buttered broccoli.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    chicken cacciatore (2 thighs, lots of sauce and veg) and basmati rice and mixed salad .350
    Pot Greek yogurt and pack of raspberries . 150
    Coke Zero

Or

Pulled Pork and chorizo stew over a bed of watercress, spinach and rocket (arugula) .320
    Solero ice cream. 90
    And some calorie change
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Salad, grilled chicken breast, brocolli, potato
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    New York Steak and Asparagus w/garlic.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    140g salmon with 1tsp brown sugar and chili powder rub
    baked asparagus w/ sea salt and pepper
    5oz wine
  • CarrieDarling108
    CarrieDarling108 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually do 4 ounces of some type of meat and a cup of some form raw vegetable. If it's a leafy green I'll probably add Mayo and make a salad.
  • MountainMomma58
    MountainMomma58 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I would eat some sort of protein, of your choice, and lots of broccoli or lettuce. Chicken is always a good choice. Refried beans are filling.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    ogtmama wrote: »
    Big bowl of Spaghetti with Meat Sauce or Mac & Cheese. It's been 5 years since I've lost the weight and I'd still prefer to eat those 2 things over anything "healthy".

"big" bowl of spaghetti and meatballs for 500 calories?

The OP asked "what would you eat for dinner if it only had 500 calories". I took that as "If a big bowl of Spagetti had only 500 calories I'd eat it for sure". Most people didn't read what she actually asked...

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Steak and whatever vegetables (fried in a little oil) made it up to 500 cals.
  • dolezalovaeli
    dolezalovaeli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon with cucumber salad.

For the salad:
    1 whole cucumber, grated (approx 270g, 49 kcal)
    4 pickles (gherkins), cut to small pieces (approx 60g, 14 kcal)
    150g of low fat greek yoghurt (approx 150kcal)
    dill, salt, pepper and crushed garlic to taste (I like spiced up so I use 1 big garlic clove and at least 1 tbsp of dill).

For the salmon, 100g of smoke salmon fillet is around 220kcal.

Mix it all salad ingredients together in a bowl and serve with smoked salmon.
    You can also add green leaves on the side. The whole thing is around 450 kcal and delish.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    From my own meal database:
    Wegmans large meatballs (Polpette) - 1/4 package: 260 calories
    Wegmans roasted tomato pasta sauce - 1/2 cup: 60 calories
    Wegmans spaghetti - 2 oz dry - 200 calories

A little over 500 calories in those quantities at 520 calories, but not much - and the servings are pretty generous. Cut back on the meatballs a bit and you can fit in a side of steamed spinach or broccoli.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Depends what I was in the mood for. Right now I'd go for a piece of baked Orange Roughy with grilled carrots and onions.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Grilled pork tenderloin, a pile of green beans and apple zoodles!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    robininfl wrote: »
    You're all better than me because I was going to say I'd eat pizza or spaghetti or something lol

I eat pizza for dinner. It's AMAZING how much pizza you get to eat if your order thin crust. I swear 95% of the calories are in the dough

Yeah but this always makes me think that I am paying the same price for much less food. Thin crust my kids will eat their way through a whole pizza, we have to buy twice as many, doubling the cost. Pay the same $, eat one slice each of a thick crust pizza, have leftovers for lunch the next day.

White flour is super cheap. I reluctantly stopped thinking of things made with white flour as food, and lost weight.

I've still been eating plenty of things that you don't consider food anymore and I've lost nearly 110 lbs since last July. White flour is not evil.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    White flour wasn't invented to kill us all. White flour was invented because whole grain flour goes rancid really quickly and rancid flour tastes crappy and can make you sick.
  • praveee
    praveee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Grilled tandoori chicken breast with some fresh home made salad
  • pinkste78
    pinkste78 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    cooked apple slices with a little bit of sugar, cinnamon and a tsp. of oatmeal and a glass of milk :)
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I wish I had 500 calories left by dinner time, shoot. I'd eat so much.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    A marinated grilled chicken breast, and marinated grilled veggies! YUM. We slice up zucchini, red onion, red/yellow peppers, mushrooms and carrots. Let them sit for an hour or so in a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. We grill them in a grill basket next to the chicken and they are delicious. All of that is about 300 calories and super super filling :)
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I'd grill a chicken breast, bake some cauliflower as a side, and probably eat some other veggie or light bread with it and a little bbq sauce to keep it under 500.