2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Watch out for carrageenan in almond milk as well it's terrible for you

How so?

Causes inflammation in the body lr2a7po6lyp4.jpeg

There is a link in some studies, however there are also multiple studies showing *no* evidence of higher rates of inflammation or cancer, both in animals and humans. I can understand being aware of it as a potential issue, but I don't think there is sufficient evidence to declare that it is "terrible for you."
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

How so?

There is a link in some studies, however there are also multiple studies showing *no* evidence of higher rates of inflammation or cancer, both in animals and humans. I can understand being aware of it as a potential issue, but I don't think there is sufficient evidence to declare that it is "terrible for you."

I go off what the medical medium says about things like that he's ahead of things that science won't pick up on until 20 years down the road.
    You might find his work and information helpful (:
  • janejellyroll
    Options

How so?

I go off what the medical medium says about things like that he's ahead of things that science won't pick up on until 20 years down the road.

Do you have an example of one of his predictions that was later established to be scientifically accurate 20 years later?

I generally avoid the supernatural as a way to determine what foods to eat and which to avoid.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Is there a reason why lactose free milk won't do?
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I've had no issues with unsweetened almond milk. Baking has been a breeze. But do look for unsweetened.
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options

How so?

Do you have an example of one of his predictions that was later established to be scientifically accurate 20 years later?

I generally avoid the supernatural as a way to determine what foods to eat and which to avoid.

Not off the top of my head but he's helped thousands of people finally heal and get their life's back a quick Google search could help your questions
  • janejellyroll
    Options

How so?

Not off the top of my head but he's helped thousands of people finally heal and get their life's back a quick Google search could help your questions

I did a quick Google search and I found no instance where a prediction of his was made 20 or more years before it was established to be scientifically accurate. You made the claim -- what were you referring to exactly?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason why lactose free milk won't do?

I'm not the OP, but back when my daughter was younger, her issue with milk was a reaction to the protein in it, not the milk sugar. That could be the case here.
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    PennWalker wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't know the baking answer, but almond milk is basically sugar water with a tiny amount of almonds. Have you tried cashew milk? I prefer the taste to almond milk.

Not true if you get the unsweetened, which I think is delicious.
  • browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken - my son has been having severe stomach pains for no apparent reason so among all of the other tests he is having his pediatrician also wants him off all dairy for a few weeks. Interestingly, this is a kid who has known allergies although up until this point they were not food related but he has had a stuffed up nose for over a year for which he has been on nasal sprays nonstop for over a year which are of little help, but 2 days in with no dairy and his nose/sinuses are totally clear! Anyways, thanks for the suggestions everyone!
  • jbass74
    jbass74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recommend you try Flax milk as well. It isn't as thick as soymilk and has the added benefits of omega-3s. I substitute it in all my recipes, even the creamy soups and my family enjoys them. I have heard of people who get stuffy from dairy - interesting and so easy to treat! :-D