Back and on a mission!

LauraKollath
LauraKollath Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I am 32 years old and from Wisconsin. I just got married and it was the happiest day of my life. Until I got to see the pictures. I just wanted to burst into tears because even though I had to get the largest size dress and went to the number of alteration appointments, I just didn't see. I am ashamed and embarrassed and I don't want to be that way anymore... So I am on a mission! I currently weigh 352lbs and I want to be 160lbs. I really just want to be healthy! I am looking for some friends to help support me on the way!

Replies

• JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    No reason to be ashamed of yourself your just like me a little fluffy. I have (don't wanna say loss cuz I don't want to find it) taken off 50lbs since end of March. It has been done thru decrease intake (carbs for me) n excersizing. Which is hard cuz I have osteoarthritis. But add me we will encourage each other
    Debi
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    You have done the hard part by admitting you need too drop a few pounds i was the same i never realised how big i had got until i looked at pictures of myself.
    im down 16kg about 35+ pounds still a way to go but it's worth the hard work.
    Mine has gone through reduced calories and exercise and i feel great every time someone asks how i've done it.
    Start slow and don't rush this is a lifestyle change not a diet i have not stopped eating the foods i love or beer :) but i do eat a lot less .
    Always happy to support anyone on the same journey as me.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    We'll support you :)
    You can do this.