I think I have over done it!!! HELP!!!!!

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am new :)

I have 310 calories left for the day and I haven't had dinner :sad:

Suggestions will be great please!!!!!!!

Replies

• timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    Get walking/jogging/running/cycling/swimming/rowing or anything else for even a small amount of time and earn yourself some extra calories!!
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do now is go out and exercise and earn that next meal. I know it is very tough, but try a 30-60 minute walk.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    go for a walk :) or do a quick 15 minute rotation of jumping jacks, squats, etc.....burn some extra cals so that you can make sure you actually get FULL at dinner!!! nothing like trying to sleep on an empty belly...... you could also spend the calories on something very filling....like brown rice, lean chicken? it can be done =)
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I make sure I exercise every day to allow that bit of flexibility. Have you planned meal and then go for a brisk walk. You'll be surprised at how many calories that will "buy" you back. Also, if its only once, don't beat yourself up. You can adjsut the rest of your week
    Debbie
  • ThaCookieMonster
    ThaCookieMonster Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey! Try more filling fruits and vegetables for snacking...
    Just look up on the internet things that can help you through out the day with cravings and what not..

Walk walk walk!! You will be surprised how many calories you can earn, And also another tip... set you diary to open to the public so ppl can see what your eating and help you..
  • Comfortableme
    Comfortableme Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would get moving. Any movement will get you going. If you have some laundry and you would have to walk stairs to get to the laudry room you would kill two birds with one stone and you would be up to do some other kind of exercise. No matter what, just get moving.
  • earthygirl
    Options
    Trader joes has a great Peppercorn Garlic Boneless Pork Tenderloin that you can bake or grill...3 oz is about 100 calories. Pair that with some plain, steamed veggies (I personally love zucchini or broccoli) and you should be good. I always like to take a quick lap around the neighborhood on days I'm border lining my calorie quota. It's an easy way to help earn a few extra calories.
  • searbear1980
    searbear1980 Posts: 110
    Options
    My dinner is only 317 calories, 6 ounces of grilled chicken, 1 cup steamed brocoli, a sprinkle of myzithra cheese, and a cup of roasted potatoes. Also agree with everyone else a little exercise could do wonders.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Stuff yourself full with vegies!! Lots of lettuce, fresh spinach, onions and peppers,cucumbers and mushrooms - not many calories and lots of fiber to keep you full!
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Of course exercise if not whole wheat pasta is frequently only 200 calories for a cup and then you can add bunches of veggies. I find that if I have little left I need something bready to make me feel full. Comparatively a chicken breast can be in that as long as you cook it healthily.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Hungry Girl has an entire recipe book of UNDER 300 CALORIE MEALS!! :) You can go to her website and look up recipes...they are so delish and very low in calorie!!! :)

My go-to low cal meal is an egg white omelet, stuffed with sauteed spinach, onion, pepper, etc....depending on how many egg whites you use, and what veggies, you can make them as low as 100 cals!!!
  • vanzandtsusan
    Options
    You can eat a mixed green salad with 2tbs light ranch for 110 cal. with water and still points for a snack like cantelope 80cal.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    A common dish around my house is Goulash. Lean beef coupled with low sodium porkNbeans, and a small can of no salt added tomato sauce. Feeds 5, and comes in about 237 calories. this lets me add green beans, and sometimes a slice of 45cal bread.
    A thirty minute fast paced walk earns me about 200 calories to allow for a 100cal snack before bed too :P

Good luck~
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I make sure I exercise every day to allow that bit of flexibility. Have you planned meal and then go for a brisk walk. You'll be surprised at how many calories that will "buy" you back. Also, if its only once, don't beat yourself up. You can adjsut the rest of your week
    Debbie
    I totally agree with Debbie! Try to get a workout in but if you don't...PLEASE don't let it consume you. Just allow the day to pass. Tomorow is a new day!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    4 oz frozen tillapia and 1/4 cup brown rice ( before cooked) about 240 calories so you might even be able to get away with more rice. I personally had veggies through the day so had no need for more. but it was a good meal none the less.
  • countrymom
    Options
    Hi i am new aswell. I love the tip to open my diary. I suppose that would mean i need to get busey tracking my food. I am very bad at remembering to do this daily, The other posters are right , walk walk walk, i make sure to park farther away now. no more looking for that upfront parking. I walk when ever i can. I am down 7 pounds in the 2 weeks sence i began. Good Luck.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Have some chicken and veggies. Boneless skinless chicken breast is approximately 30 calories an ounce.

Heck, i'm having spaghetti and turkey meatballs tonite and it's only running 340 calories, so you'll be able to find something that can fit your needs.

And you can always go for a walk around the block to add some extra calories to your day.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    move move move
    don't have any carbs for the rest of the day
    protein and veggie
    lots of water
    tomorrow is a new day!!
    best of luck
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    One thing I make sure to do as often as I can is to plan all of my meals out first thing in the morning. This helps prevent having no calories left at dinner time. :smile:

(and I agree with everyone else...go for a walk and earn some extra calories. You'll be fine! :flowerforyou: )
  • BunmisBox
    BunmisBox Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!!