Summer Reading List

Options
rlmiller73190
rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
What's on your summer reading list? I'm interested in finding some new novels to read... my library isn't very good but if you have some ideas for me, I can look it up! I'll read just about anything (I can read in Spanish too).

Thanks!

Replies

• blackrose80
    blackrose80 Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm just here to be jealous. I'll not have time to read over the summer. You should check out 'One Day' by David Nicholls - theres a movie about to come of it, and it's always good to have read the book first I think. And anything by Terry Pratchett is a good time spent. I started with 'Carpe Jugulum', great fun. Actually it's been 10 years since I last read that -must dig it out.
  • cmduncan
    cmduncan Posts: 69
    Options
    " The Help" - wonderful! Couldn't put it down!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Any book by Sarah Addison Allen, I just finished her newest "The Peach Keeper" and just like her other books, I loved it!
  • supershala
    supershala Posts: 30
    Options
    A Dance with Dragons by George RR Martin...I've been waiting six years for this book to come out and I'm going to a midnight release party for it tonight! Yay me :)
  • sarabobara99
    Options
    Theres so many classics out there that are awesome to read,
    at the moment im reading about 7 different books lol
    but they are all faily good.
    -On the Road by Jack Kerouac is really good about a man and his travels "bumming" arround and exploring
    - The Girl WIth the Dragon Tatoo by Stieg Larson i know many who have read it and all love it, its a mystery and all
    - The Da Vinci Code byDan Brown also very good and suspenceful :)
    Theres just a few suggestions :)
    enjoy!!
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    The Hunger Games (3 book series- about 280 pages per book)
    The Passage
    The Forgotten Garden
    The Help
    Sarah's Key
  • tsaenz09
    tsaenz09 Posts: 30
    Options
    I just got done reading The Hollow and The Haunted by Jessica Verday! I absoultely loved them both and she has a third one coming out in September! Also, read a book called Breathless by V.J. Chambers. It was a little out there but pretty good in the end!
  • sarabobara99
    Options
    I might just have to start reading some of these!
    they all sound pretty good!
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I just finished this. LOVED it and can't wait to read the next book in the trilogy. Here's the synopsis from FantasticFiction:

The visionary creator of the Academy Award-winning Pan's Labyrinth and a Hammett Award-winning author bring their imaginations to this bold, epic novel about a horrifying battle between man and vampire that threatens all humanity. It is the first installment in a thrilling trilogy and an extraordinary international publishing event.

The Strain

They have always been here. Vampires. In secret and in darkness. Waiting. Now their time has come.

In one week, Manhattan will be gone. In one month, the country.

In two months - the world.

A Boeing 777 arrives at JFK and is on its way across the tarmac, when it suddenly stops dead. All window shades are pulled down. All lights are out. All communication channels have gone quiet. Crews on the ground are lost for answers, but an alert goes out to the CDC. Dr. Eph Goodweather, head of their Canary project, a rapid-response team that investigates biological threats, gets the call and boards the plane. What he finds makes his blood run cold.

In a pawnshop in Spanish Harlem, a former professor and survivor of the Holocaust named Abraham Setrakian knows something is happening. And he knows the time has come, that a war is brewing . . .

So begins a battle of mammoth proportions as the vampiric virus that has infected New York begins to spill out into the streets. Eph, who is joined by Setrakian and a motley crew of fighters, must now find a way to stop the contagion and save his city - a city that includes his wife and son - before it is too late.
  • jessienicole05
    jessienicole05 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I had to comment on your post because i love to read! :happy: Here are some suggestions for you, James Patterson's woman's murder club books are awesome if you like crime/mystery books-i read most of them in a matter of a couple weeks because i couldn't put them down!! LOL, I also am currently reading "The Duggars 20 and Counting" by Michelle & Jim Bob Duggar and just finished "I'll Walk Alone" by Mary Higgins Clark which was also very good!!! Hope these help!! :wink:
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I second "The Help"! So Awesome.
  • charlottebronte
    Options
    Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte and A Room with a View by E.M.Forster--all my favorite novels....plus Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've got a few:

"Lit" or "Liar's Club" by Mary Karr

Anything by David Sedaris--he makes me literally lol

Right now, I'm reading Rabbit Is Rich by John Updike and loving it. The writing is amazing.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Here is a web site I use to find new books and to keep up with the books I have read:

http://www.goodreads.com/