best low calorie salad dressings from the grocery?

Options
I love a lot of ideas i have seen on this board for making homemade salad dressings. I truly wish that was something I had time to do. I am looking for some tasty low cal options that I can buy in a bottle. I am just not a fan of vinegar based salad dressings...I truly wish i was but honesty cannot stand them unless it is lighter on the vinegar base. I am more of a ranch or caesar dressing person...ideas? I love salsa too.

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I tried the Bolt house yogurt chunky blue cheese and it tastes like @$$ hair. I only enjoy salad when it's covered in creamy dressing, so I tend to avoid salads as meals because I don't enjoy them. I've shifted toward soups that I can make in bulk and then freeze for quick meals. The veggies of a salad, but none of the dressing fiasco.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy both the Ranch and the Creamy Caesar from Bolthouse Farms. (I haven't tried their Blue Cheese so can't comment on that one.)
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find a tasty low-cal dressing. I figure if I'm eating a big bowl of mostly veggies though, a single serving of full-fat dressing at 100-150 cals isn't breaking my calorie bank. Sticking to the single, measured serving is the trick.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Hidden Valley Light Ranch isn't bad (if you add a lot of pepper). I also like Kraft Zesty Ranch (not much vinegar taste).
  • sjbactad
    sjbactad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Litehouse salsa ranch dressing. It's usually in the refrigerated section of the produce department. It's delicious, creamy and low calorie! I also use it on burgers and sandwiches as a mayo replacement.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I like the Maple Grove Farms fat free poppyseed dressing. It's light, flavorful and no vinegar twang. They have at Publx, or you can order on Amazon.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Another for Bolthouse ranch. At 20 calories a tbsp it's good enough for me!
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    Litehouse OPA or Marie's dressings. Anything made with Greek yogurt tastes good to me vs. the old fashioned light dressings (sweet ranch? No. Ew.). I don't like Bolthouse. I do like Naturally Fresh (not made from yogurt) light ranch.
  • jennb2096
    jennb2096 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Kraft fat free zesty Italian is amazing. It's tastes like normal Italian dressing!!!
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You could make your own with yogurt and a ranch dressing seasoning packet. I make it with 0% fat Greek yogurt with just enough milk to get a good consistency. It doesn't keep as long but you can make whatever amount you will use.
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    jennb2096 wrote: »
    Kraft fat free zesty Italian is amazing. It's tastes like normal Italian dressing!!!

This. That's my go to low-cal salad dressing.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I'm into the nutrition thing...I've decided to feed my body good stuff all day as I lose.. so I do olive oil..and red wine vinegar. I know the olive oil has high calories..but it is so good for your heart. So I use just a capful.. about a teaspoon or so...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse cilantro and avocado 20cal and Opa dill and feta 25cal. Like them on their own, but I don't mind mixing them 50/50 with regular creamy dressings either.

Cheers, h.