Insanity Max: 30. Looking for accountability buddies

Options

Replies

• Zan67
    Zan67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I completed Max 30 earlier this year. Just as I got used to month 1, month 2 game along- and that's a whole differant ballgame! Just keep pushing through, even if it feels as though you're not making any progress. You'll be surprised at how easy the last cardio challenge will be!
    No-one, and I mean no-one, does cardio like Shaun T!
  • Zan67
    Zan67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    day 1 done today. I just finished p90x3 otherwise I might have started the same day
    I completed Max 30 earlier this year and am currently finishing block 1 of x3. How would you review x3 as a whole and were you satisfied with the results?

• mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Zan67 wrote: »
    day 1 done today. I just finished p90x3 otherwise I might have started the same day
    I completed Max 30 earlier this year and am currently finishing block 1 of x3. How would you review x3 as a whole and were you satisfied with the results?

I did it just starting out. I loved it and it pushed me. I feel like some combo of insanity and p90x is ideal since some cardio isn't the best in p90x but I like weight training. plus for me 90 days of Tony is too much with his banter. I started with the nutrition guidelines and it failed me the first half then switched to MyFitnessPal recommendations with adding in the exercise and lost 15 pounds the second half. I just was happy to do pushups and see improvements there more than my body changed but I'll do it again.
  • mysticatgal1
    Options
    Tabata strength yesterday! What a killer
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

That's what I'm doing today
  • mysticatgal1
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »

was it your first time with it? Good luck either way. definitely made sweat intervals harder today. Can't believe it's on for tomorrow already again
  • SCoil123
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »

was it your first time with it? Good luck either way. definitely made sweat intervals harder today. Can't believe it's on for tomorrow already again

Not my first time. I used to do Insanity in a class setting and was training to be a sub teacher for it when I lost that job I ordered and did max 30. That was 1 1/2 years ago though. I was injured a few months ago as I was wrapping up month 1 and now that I'm medically cleared I'm starting over.

Nothing has ever given me the body and fitness level that Insanity did. I'm pumped to be back at it.

.....and now I need a shower lol
  • tterreble
    tterreble Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I'll be starting the Insanity max 30 (as soon as I get it in the post) and I'm already very excited!! Hopefully I can start next week, so that I'll be finishing the program around halloween (anniversery time).
    So I know its a bit early to write, but was (in my anticipation to get the program) searching for people whith whom I can do it/ support each other.

Did you guys set specific goals, to keep motivated? Any tips?
  • Dali032484
    Dali032484 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you like. I'll be doing max 30 in about 2 weeks or so. Doing Insanity right now :-) i also have friends who are doing Max 30 and will also be starting it again as soon as I start so perhaps we can have our group for motivation and support! I'm also very excited to start Max30. Read the other day that some women have lost 10 lbs in 3 week. I'll put that to the test
  • mysticatgal1
    Options
    tterreble wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I'll be starting the Insanity max 30 (as soon as I get it in the post) and I'm already very excited!! Hopefully I can start next week, so that I'll be finishing the program around halloween (anniversery time).
    So I know its a bit early to write, but was (in my anticipation to get the program) searching for people whith whom I can do it/ support each other.

Did you guys set specific goals, to keep motivated? Any tips?

Good luck to you! I'm currently on month 2, finishing week 2. For me I did p90x3 and went right into this. So this is my second workout since having 2 kids so I just try to extend my Max out time and do the modifier a little less when I've had to do the modifier. Just do what you can, the program is designed where you are supposed to go really hard and hit a point of I can't do anymore. Be ready because month 2 especially slams your shoulders. My workout yesterday was half of just pushups and triceps. When I finish this, my husband and I will switch weeks of p90x3 and insanity max 30 until we complete p90x3 again and get closer to goal weight then focus on going hard on strength training.
  • mysticatgal1
    Options
    Dali032484 wrote: »
    You can friend me if you like. I'll be doing max 30 in about 2 weeks or so. Doing Insanity right now :-) i also have friends who are doing Max 30 and will also be starting it again as soon as I start so perhaps we can have our group for motivation and support! I'm also very excited to start Max30. Read the other day that some women have lost 10 lbs in 3 week. I'll put that to the test

Good luck to you! it'll work you hard for sure.
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    OP how is it going ? Did you finish month 2? Keep at it, almost wedding time. Max 30 is my favorite and staple.
  • Gibbsy21
    Gibbsy21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Anybody still going? I started yesterday, so today will be day 2. I'll be following the modified version though.
  • SCoil123
    Options
    Gibbsy21 wrote: »
    Anybody still going? I started yesterday, so today will be day 2. I'll be following the modified version though.

I'm starting week 4 of month 1. I'm also modified due to knee injuries but had done the program before. I just did cardio challenge and feel great
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3. Did Tabata Power today. Didn't really max out but wasn't as powerful as I'd like to be. I can't wait to get it again on Thursday. I've promised myself to be more sharp, have better range of motion, and give it better effort.
  • kenyainez
    Options
    Anyone here still doing Max 30. I'm on Week 6 Day 5. I'm in LOOOOOOOOOVE with Max Out Power, second runner up is Max Out Cardio. How is everybody doing and are you enjoying your journey.
  • troytroy11
    Options
    Hi, I have been using this program from the beginning, almost two years now. I love it. LOVE. The longest I have gone without using Max 30 is 4 days and I blamed that on New Orleans but it was my fault, lol.
    Friday Fight 2 was today and is my favorite, followed by Max Out Sweat.
    Stay with it all the way through, you already made it 6 weeks :) Excellent!
  • kenyainez
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey @troytroy11 Thanks so much! Here's to Week 7 and props for doing Friday Fight 2 and Max Out Sweat in the SAME DAY! WOW! LMBO
  • troytroy11
    Options
    kenyainez wrote: »
    Hey @troytroy11 Thanks so much! Here's to Week 7 and props for doing Friday Fight 2 and Max Out Sweat in the SAME DAY! WOW! LMBO
    Thank you!! How was your week 7? Bring on that soreness is what I say :)
  • kenyainez
    Options
    It was as much of a beast as any other week. On to week 8. I kinda don't want to give it up though. I may do another round!