What are my maintenance calories?

Options
I was actually maintaining on 1150-1200 a day, and then this week started losing weight. I lost about a pound in three days?? I'm confused as to what my maintenance calories are.

Replies

• worldofalice
    worldofalice Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    How long were you maintaining for? That number is the average woman's BMR (IE the number you would need if you were literally in a coma, even being awake burns more) so I'm not surprised you lost!
  • DavidCassTyler
    DavidCassTyler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is a "Daily Caloric Intake Calculator" at http://www.nutrientfacts.com/tools/dci that will calculate your maintenance calories.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Clearly more then 1150 - 1200.
    Add a 100 and see what happens. If you carry on losing add some more.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Why are you trying to maintain on such a low calorie amount? I am 5'4 105ish and maintain 2100-2600. 1200 is WAY too low for 99% of people unless you are like 4'5.

It means of course you can eat more!!! 1200 is losing amount. You weren't "maintaining" you were losing but the scale doesn't show it every day. It takes a few days for your body to actually process and "lose" weight. What your body actually does weight wise is about a 1 week difference from what you ate it takes days.