Binge ate today

Options
Went to a wedding shower today & a birthday party & ate more calories today than I probably did all week. In the past two months I haven't taken a free day & I thought hmmm I can today. Now, I'm worried that I got the taste of sugar I'm going to want more.
Does anyone take a free day & how do you stay on track afterwards?

Replies

• kimberly2402
    kimberly2402 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm like beyond negative in calories today
  • kimberly2402
    Options
    I think that's why I'm so much in shock is because I log in every meal & when I seen my log today, I was like wow buddy
  • drewski1511
    drewski1511 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have those days "once a month." They're difficult to log and I think, in the past, they've caused me to abandon logging altogether when it got to be too discouraging and guilt inducing. I'm more forgiving of myself nowadays and have been significantly more successful. Hopefully you take the others' advice and simply move on. :smile:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    It's one a day out of the rest of your life. A little drop in the ocean. Get back to logging, it will be alright.

This. One day will not harm you.
    If you can, log everything, and just go back to normal tomorrow. No need to do hardcore cardio or eat very little tomorrow, just eat and exercise as normal. It's not the failing/binge eating that makes us failures, it's not getting back to it that will do it. :) We are human and poop happens sometimes. Move on and forgive yourself.

How many calories did you eat above your normal calories, and how many pounds a week did you choose to lose?
  • kimberly2402
    Options
    It's one a day out of the rest of your life. A little drop in the ocean. Get back to logging, it will be alright.

If you can, log everything, and just go back to normal tomorrow. No need to do hardcore cardio or eat very little tomorrow, just eat and exercise as normal. It's not the failing/binge eating that makes us failures, it's not getting back to it that will do it. :) We are human and poop happens sometimes. Move on and forgive yourself.

How many calories did you eat above your normal calories, and how many pounds a week did you choose to lose?

I've been under 1200 the past 2 months & this last month under 900. Today was well over 2500
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I've been under 1200 the past 2 months & this last month under 900. Today was well over 2500

Woah. Ok, you're eating far too little everyday... that's really unhealthy. Are you full off the amount you're eating? A 2,500 calorie day was good for your body and your metabolism! I'm not sure of your current age, weight, and exercise habits, so I can't say what your daily caloric intake should be, but I can assure you under 1,200 is unhealthy for even a bedridden 80 year old woman. I hope that you can learn to forgive yourself for this and perhaps consider upping your daily calories.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Well, no wonder. Undereating causes binge eating!

This. So much this. You starved your body for 3 months? Not good. :(

You haven't answered how many pounds per week you set mfp to lose.
    How much have you got to lose?
  • merbear787
    merbear787 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Best advice I've ever received is "just keep going." There will be days like this again down the road without a doubt, but one foot in front of the other and just keep at it. Just like finding nemo... Just keep swimming just keeping swimming :-)
  • kimberly2402
    Options

I binge ate because I went out to a wedding shower & birthday. Not because I'm under eating.
  • kimberly2402
    Options

This. So much this. You starved your body for 3 months? Not good. :(

You haven't answered how many pounds per week you set mfp to lose.
    How much have you got to lose?

Most I lose is 2 1/2 to 3lbs a week. I have a very fast pace life so exercising is so hard to fit into my schedule. I maybe get to twice a week.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

Could I suggest eating a little more on a daily basis, then if/when you binge it won't be such a big deal. Think of it as a marathon rather than a race and aim for 1lb/week loss (if that). I eat 2000-2500 Calories a day and am losing at that rate, thanks to an active lifestyle.

Most I lose is 2 1/2 to 3lbs a week. I have a very fast pace life so exercising is so hard to fit into my schedule. I maybe get to twice a week.

If your life is so fast pace, it's very likely that you fall in to the active or very active category and should be eating far more. By eating so little you are probably losing muscle as well as fat which you really don't want to happen.

• jenrak
    jenrak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been under 1200 the past 2 months & this last month under 900. Today was well over 2500 [/quote]

I used to eat below 1,200 calories and hardly lose weight. I followed people's suggestion to increase my intake because of dizziness, always feeling hungry and I work out regularly. After switching to up 1,700, I lost weight fast, from 128 pounds to 112 pounds in 2 months. Under 900 is unhealthy and unsafe, you are starving yourself and you will not last long in that eating lifestyle.
  • kimberly2402
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry however I do eat a lot of green veggies. My calories dropped down when I stopped eating sugars.
    How can I up my calories healthy when I already feel full?
    I'm really trying to be serious about this. Guess I'm just an all or nothing type of person. Hard to find the medium in eating
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    First, 2500 calories is not really a binge.

It's a day at a wedding. ::shrug::

Second, you ARE undereating. No one should be eating 800-900 calories a day ever, unless they are under a doctor's supervision.

Fuel your body or crash. Your choice.

Exactly. 2500 is definitely not a binge.