Any other ladies out there over 50 fighting to stay strong, healthy and fit?

Options

Replies

• horsetrainer46
    horsetrainer46 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    51time wrote: »
    Yes my husband had no trouble loosing weight when he wants to; however, it is a harder for me at the age off 55. This why I am giving this a shot.

I know how that is! My husband can gain or lose exactly the amount he wants to easily. I am so jealous! He has no trouble controlling what he eats or when, and does not have a sweet tooth, GRRRRRR!

• dede0215
    dede0215 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group, 53 years old and need to drop 50 lbs.
  • horsetrainer46
    Options
    dede0215 wrote: »
    I would like to join this group, 53 years old and need to drop 50 lbs.

Hi dede0215, Welcome aboard :smile:
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi! You might want to take a look at this thread. A group of ladies with the same goal in mind. The OP is no longer with us on MFP but the thread lives on.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10047153/55-65-year-old-womens-success/p1
  • cjsr2563
    cjsr2563 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So I have never counted the calories burned while working in my garden, but today I logged my time digging and hauling and was happy to see that I earned 254 calories! There's my glass of wine
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi, just turned 54 and also gained 10 in the last few menopausal years. Will start the challenge tomorrow. Never joined a group here before. Hope to keep up! Love the garden calories idea.
  • nurselinda8
    nurselinda8 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Im 54 and live in Long Beach, California. Looking to find some inspiring people who may have good recipes for plant-based diet (Im not eating any processed foods, pasta, breads, cereals, baked goods, etc. Just focusing on juicing and eatings lots of veggies, whole grains, lentils, beans, nuts & seeds!! Im bound & determined to change my eating habits and make them for the rest of my life. After seeing Forks Over Knives, I learned so much, Im doing really good so far. I look forward to getting to know yall better on here : )
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP people! I'm 53, live with my husband and awesome big puppy Zeus, our 6 year old mastiff. Though my screen name is horsetrainer46, I left the horse industry 3 yrs ago and went full time to my other passion which is dog training and rehabilitating psychologically damaged dogs. I am back on MFP again after a rough 3 years, trying to get my mind and body back into a positive place of feeling and looking good. I have done it before and can do it again, and hopefully will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle permanently this time!

God you look amazing for being 53!! Feel free to add me
  • horsetrainer46
    Options
    Hi MFP people! I'm 53, live with my husband and awesome big puppy Zeus, our 6 year old mastiff. Though my screen name is horsetrainer46, I left the horse industry 3 yrs ago and went full time to my other passion which is dog training and rehabilitating psychologically damaged dogs. I am back on MFP again after a rough 3 years, trying to get my mind and body back into a positive place of feeling and looking good. I have done it before and can do it again, and hopefully will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle permanently this time!

God you look amazing for being 53!! Feel free to add me

Thank you so much KourageousKarina!
  • horsetrainer46
    Options
    Hi 50+ ladies (and a few gents too) Hope everyone had a good weekend. Checking in for Day 3 of OCTOBER SQUAT-PUSH UP-PLANK-CRUNCH challenge! 60 squats - 15 push ups - 60 double crunches - 1 min 10 second elbow plank DONE! Happy monday :-)
  • whatagreatday31
    whatagreatday31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just joined my fitness pal and officially started my weight loss program today. I turned 50 not long ago and "wow" losing the weight seams harder now than ever before. However, I feel I can do this and so here we go. I am looking to lose about 20-25lbs.
  • horsetrainer46
    Options
    Hi whatagreatday31, happy to have you!
  • horsetrainer46
    Options
    Check in Day 4 of OCTOBER SQUAT-PUSH UP-PLANK-CRUNCH challenge. Today is a rest day for the squats and crunches, but I decided to do them. 60 squats - 15 push ups - 35 crunches - 1 min 15 second plank ***** DONE*****
  • nurselinda8
    Options
    Doing great on day #25!! anyone else on here doing a whole plant based diet here? looking for some different ideas on meals and recipes. Anyone got a great or outstanding recipe to share that is plant based, no breads, or pasta, cereals, & heavy starches???
  • horsetrainer46
    Options
    Doing great on day #25!! anyone else on here doing a whole plant based diet here? looking for some different ideas on meals and recipes. Anyone got a great or outstanding recipe to share that is plant based, no breads, or pasta, cereals, & heavy starches???
    Hi nurselinda8,

I make a chili using some of my favorite ingredients that I have been living on lately. Its been a couple of months and I'm not sick of it yet! I make a batch in a huge pot, break it up into 2 cup servings (makes 8-9 servings depending on package sizes where I shop). Its fast too, since I cheat and use all frozen veggies. I dont enjoy cooking, and hate chopping large amounts of veggies! It has ground turkey in it, but could certainly be made without as well. I use organic for whatever is available in organic. Its delicious, filling, low fat and calories (around 270 cals per serving), and very healthy. I don't cook it to death, just till frozen veggies are hot. Here it is if you're interested. If you try it, let me know what you think!
    HOMEMADE TURKEY-OKRA CHILI RECIPE
    20 oz., Ground Turkey Breast - Extra Lean - 99/1
    1 Tbsp, Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1 container (1 7/10 cups ea.), Red Yellow Green Pepper Strips
    1 container (2 3/5 cups ea.), Frozen Diced Green Pepper
    30 oz, cut Okra
    2 cans organic diced tomatoes, no salt added (drained)
    0.75 container (2 cups ea.), organic Corn
    2 cans (1.5 cups ea.)Bush's Best Organic Black Beans (do not drain liquid)
    1 container (2 cup (85g) ea.), Frozen Chopped Onions
    1 tbsp(s), Celtic Sea Salt
    black pepper
    McCormick chipotle chili pepper (very spicy)
    ground cumin
    last 3 ingredients to taste
    Can be topped with cheese too! I use fat free shredded cheddar :smile:
  • horsetrainer46
    Options
    Day 5 of challenge, rough one today...
    80 - squats
    15- push ups
    60- crunches
    1 min 20 second- plank
  • lisamburns1960
    lisamburns1960 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
    I am 56 years old, 189 pounds. I want to lose 35-40 pounds or get to BMI of 25. My lifestyle is fairly sedentary despite nannying my two grandboys, ages 21 months and 3 years. I am a bored eater and tend to snack all day and eat after 8 pm. I am looking forward to developing healthier eating habits and feeling more energetic.
  • nurselinda8
    Options
    I make a chili using some of my favorite ingredients that I have been living on lately. Its been a couple of months and I'm not sick of it yet! I make a batch in a huge pot, break it up into 2 cup servings (makes 8-9 servings depending on package sizes where I shop). Its fast too, since I cheat and use all frozen veggies. I dont enjoy cooking, and hate chopping large amounts of veggies! It has ground turkey in it, but could certainly be made without as well. I use organic for whatever is available in organic. Its delicious, filling, low fat and calories (around 270 cals per serving), and very healthy. I don't cook it to death, just till frozen veggies are hot. Here it is if you're interested. If you try it, let me know what you think!
    HOMEMADE TURKEY-OKRA CHILI RECIPE

Thank you for this recipe, HorseTrainer!! It sounds interesting....I dont do any dairy, meat processed foods of any kind, so i will alter this recipe just a bit. I will let you know how it turns out....its sounds like a great comfort food!!! Thanks so much for posting!!
  • cjsr2563
    cjsr2563 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So after one week of giving this lifestyle change everything I've got, I have lost 0 weight. Can I just say how disappointing that is since I'm hungry all the time, I've given up eating to cope with emotions and stress, and I measure everything that I eat and drink. So frustrating! I'm not going to stop trying but this menopause *kitten* is a crock. For the record, women are NOT exaggerating the effect of that change. Thanks for listening
  • Cush_la
    Cush_la Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me Love having MFP friends!!!! <3 all my info about me is on my profile