Chug-a-lug!!!

Options
If you think drinking your water isn't important, read on! This is a blog posted by the owner of my gym, and it makes sense. So pour yourself a cold one (H2O that is) and check it out! :drinker:

Fitness Blog
The most important nutrient for YOU, that you are not getting enough of!
Posted by: dakota on Jun 10, 2011

This one nutrient is the single most important nutrient for your body! It is involved in almost everything that happens within your body and studies show that 80% of Americans are not getting enough. Here are some of the attributes:

•Essential for turning food into energy and so as not to store it as fat
•Essential for turning fat into energy
•Helps Ion pathways and nerve function
•Helps detoxify your body
•Helps bowel movements pass properly
•Helps us feel full when we have enough of it
•Helps support proper mental function
So what is this crazy important nutrient you ask? H2O... That is right, water is the most important nutrient that you can take in and odds are very good that you aren't getting enough of it. In part you aren't drinking enough of it, but also you are taking other things that tell your body to expel water which is essentially nullifying the water that you did drink.
Each cup of coffee or soda that you drink will basically get rid of itself in fluid PLUS the same amount of water! That means that if you drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning that you need to drink 2 cups of water to get back to where you were when you woke up, which was slightly dehydrated. THEN you can start hydrating yourself.
As little as 2% dehydration can interrupt the above stated functions. So you may not be burning your food efficiently, storing extra fat, not burn that fat that you should be, be constipated, not be disposing of toxins properly, have impaired mental function and feel hungry! All that from a few cups of coffee without replacing it!
So don't mess around when it comes to water. It is the most simple nutrient to replace and can have the biggest impact on your weight loss and health above any other single thing that you may do! So stop reading this right now, get off your butt, go to the sink and have yourself a large, tall, cold glass of health!

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • sarabobara99
    Options
    Awesome!
    thanks for all the tips,
    i know i joined Herbal Magic and water really is an essential for success,
    I drink about a minumum of 64 oz. (8 glasses) a day which is recommended by all health professionals
    Cutting out juice all together and substituting it for crystal light or other products is also a great idea
    but thanks for all the info !
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    Yes maam, refilling my water bottle right now! (good article)
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You're so smart girly!!! ;) xoxo thanks for the reminder!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Opening another bottle of water now! Yum!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yup-yup! I drink an average of 80-100 oz of water a day...feel fantastic too!
  • Amybiker
    Amybiker Posts: 7
    Options
    Is it acceptable to give yourself credit for water intake if you add crystal light or sugar free koolaid?
  • sarabobara99
    Options
    Nope you cant give yourself for credit,
    its mostly just a substitute instead of drinking juice which is pratically liquid sugar :P
    id say once you get most of your daily water, satisfy your craving and have some crystal light once in a while
    but not too often due to the aspertame which isnt the best for you :)