60+ lbs lost, nearly at goal! Pic heavy :)

Options
morgennn
morgennn Posts: 169 Member
Hi guys!

So, some background... I'm Morgen, I'm 21 years old and I live in Scotland, UK. Back in 2013 I joined MFP as I weighed 176lbs and desperately needed to lose some weight! I managed to drop from 176 to 139 with the help of this site but I never managed to keep it off. My 18th birthday came and my weight spiralled out of control. Between May 2013 and November 2015 I managed to gain so much weight I eventually weighed in at 207lbs. In May 2014 I started seeing my current boyfriend and that didn't help matters.. A mixture of guilt-free indulgence and being comfortable was making my weight gain ridiculous!

In November 2015 my other half split up with me due to my mental state, and that kick-started my weight loss. I had to get my head sorted and to get my head sorted - my body had to look better too! Every time I looked in the mirror, I was unhappy. I wasn't happy with myself and in turn couldn't be happy in my relationship.

Here are some before photos: I have none from November 2015 due to being camera shy. Photographs weren't on the forefront of my mind!

September 2014 - Not my biggest

ae1xyr.jpg

2d0yivl.jpg

2wpti0j.jpg

1603ihj.jpg

Back comparison photos! Before photo is from December 2015, and the after is from September 2016

2j3i4ah.jpg

2agrt6x.jpg

Now for some comparison photos/current ones:

This was the first comparison photo I took, between December 2015 and January. A difference of 12lbs!

nbu7et.jpg

This is from when I climbed Ben Lomond - second highest mountain in Scotland! Back in July 2016 :) I never would have been able to do this before losing weight!

259kbc7.jpg

A selfie from the weekend of my 21st birthday... My boyfriend took me away for the weekend and I felt FANTASTIC!

1jnjis.jpg

The work trousers that fit me in November, tried on again in July.

3028ajq.jpg

My first ever pair of white skinny jeans! Size UK 10..

293yez5.jpg

My most recent before & after comparisons! 2014/2015 - August 2016

301dcef.jpg

10750d5.jpg

Now this one is my most recent photo: I weigh 146.4lbs in this and I feel AMAZING. I have approximately 14lbs to go but I'm already so so proud of how far I've come.

11izpd3.jpg

Now, how I did it. I've been eating a minimum of 1200 calories per day, but around 1400 maximum. I bought a fitbit in November 2015 so I've been trying to stick to 10k steps per day also. I've been attending one or two dance exercise classes per week since around May, but before then I didn't exercise! I hope to get the extra 14lbs down by attending more gym classes and carrying on with my low-calorie diet :)

x

Replies

• BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing - and may I say, GORGEOUS!
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look amazing! I'm half way to 60lbs down now. Any plans to start lifting?
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations on your success. :)
  • slp1984
    slp1984 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!!
  • sam1053
    sam1053 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Your stats are similar to mine, this is encouraging.
  • frankie671
    frankie671 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done :)
  • morgennn
    Options
    Thank you everybody! :)
  • KKishaA
    KKishaA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    morgennn wrote: »
    Hi guys!

So, some background... I'm Morgen, I'm 21 years old and I live in Scotland, UK. Back in 2013 I joined MFP as I weighed 176lbs and desperately needed to lose some weight! I managed to drop from 176 to 139 with the help of this site but I never managed to keep it off. My 18th birthday came and my weight spiralled out of control. Between May 2013 and November 2015 I managed to gain so much weight I eventually weighed in at 207lbs. In May 2014 I started seeing my current boyfriend and that didn't help matters.. A mixture of guilt-free indulgence and being comfortable was making my weight gain ridiculous!

In November 2015 my other half split up with me due to my mental state, and that kick-started my weight loss. I had to get my head sorted and to get my head sorted - my body had to look better too! Every time I looked in the mirror, I was unhappy. I wasn't happy with myself and in turn couldn't be happy in my relationship.

Here are some before photos: I have none from November 2015 due to being camera shy. Photographs weren't on the forefront of my mind!

September 2014 - Not my biggest

ae1xyr.jpg

2d0yivl.jpg

2wpti0j.jpg

1603ihj.jpg

Back comparison photos! Before photo is from December 2015, and the after is from September 2016

2j3i4ah.jpg

2agrt6x.jpg

Now for some comparison photos/current ones:

This was the first comparison photo I took, between December 2015 and January. A difference of 12lbs!

nbu7et.jpg

This is from when I climbed Ben Lomond - second highest mountain in Scotland! Back in July 2016 :) I never would have been able to do this before losing weight!

259kbc7.jpg

A selfie from the weekend of my 21st birthday... My boyfriend took me away for the weekend and I felt FANTASTIC!

1jnjis.jpg

The work trousers that fit me in November, tried on again in July.

3028ajq.jpg

My first ever pair of white skinny jeans! Size UK 10..

293yez5.jpg

My most recent before & after comparisons! 2014/2015 - August 2016

301dcef.jpg

10750d5.jpg

Now this one is my most recent photo: I weigh 146.4lbs in this and I feel AMAZING. I have approximately 14lbs to go but I'm already so so proud of how far I've come.

11izpd3.jpg

Now, how I did it. I've been eating a minimum of 1200 calories per day, but around 1400 maximum. I bought a fitbit in November 2015 so I've been trying to stick to 10k steps per day also. I've been attending one or two dance exercise classes per week since around May, but before then I didn't exercise! I hope to get the extra 14lbs down by attending more gym classes and carrying on with my low-calorie diet :)

x

SO FREAKIN AWESOME, WAY TO GO!!!
  • pigelet
    pigelet Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Go Morgen! You look fabulous, Chica!
  • morgennn
    Options
    JoshD8705 wrote: »
    Way to go! You look amazing! I'm half way to 60lbs down now. Any plans to start lifting?

Well done on the weight loss! Yes there are plans, but probably after Christmas! My gym recently hiked my membership up quite a lot so I'll wait until I have some spare change before I buy another - then I might start lifting! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!