Can someone giveadvice

Options
2»

Replies

• AndrewD315
    AndrewD315 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium, prob. holding water! high all the time, fried noodles and a few other things adding that up!
  • penniroc
    penniroc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    AndrewD315 wrote: »
    Watch your sodium, prob. holding water! high all the time, fried noodles and a few other things adding that up!

Thanks. Yes this dressing has a lot of sodium.
  • penniroc
    Options
    Totally missed the bit about not getting enough protein stalling weight loss. No. Not a thing.

And no female is building muscle eating at a deficit, running and doing bodyweight 10 minutes a day. Not happening.

Thank you. Will Continue to do what in doing. Double check all my entires and measurements and go from there.
  • penniroc
    Options
    Did you just start exercising or increase intensity? With so little to lose you are unlikely to see losses every week and water weight fluctuations can mask them for weeks on end. Throw in hormones and it will be even harder.

My deficit has only been enough for 0.5lb per week losses lately and I don't see those losses until the week of my period when I get a whoosh over several days. Totally normal.

Keep doing what you're doing for a good 6-8 weeks, then reassess.

Ive only just started back exercising after 12 months of no exercise. I've just in the last 3 weeks cleaned up my diet also. Gone from eating chips and dip to healthy raw bliss balls, full cream milk products to skim and nut milks, pastas and risotto dishes to green salads and chicken or fish. I know I don't have a lot of weight to lose but just making these changes and with exercising I thought I would see some results as I did in the last when cutting calories and exercising. Thank you for your advice. I think I'm going to up my calorie intake. Double check my weights and measurements of food first to make sure they are correct. Keep doing my exercise and just see what happens. I'm feeling healthier and fitter weather the scales are showing this or by so I'm going to keep going :)
  • stephanie261283
    stephanie261283 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you been measuring yourself?? Sometimes the scales wont move but cm will drop off. Do your clothes fit a bit better or getting a bit lose? Do you feel less jiggly and more tonned? We are so hell bent of numbers on a scale but when you google images of fit 70kg women and unfit 70 kg women there is a big difference. You onky have a small amount to lose so I would be going by measurements not scales.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    penniroc wrote: »
    Did you just start exercising or increase intensity? With so little to lose you are unlikely to see losses every week and water weight fluctuations can mask them for weeks on end. Throw in hormones and it will be even harder.

My deficit has only been enough for 0.5lb per week losses lately and I don't see those losses until the week of my period when I get a whoosh over several days. Totally normal.

Ive only just started back exercising after 12 months of no exercise. I've just in the last 3 weeks cleaned up my diet also. Gone from eating chips and dip to healthy raw bliss balls, full cream milk products to skim and nut milks, pastas and risotto dishes to green salads and chicken or fish. I know I don't have a lot of weight to lose but just making these changes and with exercising I thought I would see some results as I did in the last when cutting calories and exercising. Thank you for your advice. I think I'm going to up my calorie intake. Double check my weights and measurements of food first to make sure they are correct. Keep doing my exercise and just see what happens. I'm feeling healthier and fitter weather the scales are showing this or by so I'm going to keep going :)

What you eat doesn't matter for weight loss, calories only. Obviously for nutrition and satiety it's a different matter. And often people find keeping full fat products help with hunger. I use semi-skimmed milk purely for preference but full fat everything else. And carbs are not the enemy either, some find them an easy place to cut calories but it's not necessary.

You have just restarted exercising so you will be retaining water from that. Upping calories is never the answer to not losing weight but if there's room to eat more and you're happy to lose more slowly there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's certainly the route I've chosen because I like to eat!

Also important to use other metrics to track progress too, body measurements, fitness goals, the fit of clothes. I've lost maybe 14lbs this entire year but dropped at least a dress size if not more and several inches.
  • penniroc
    Options
    Have you been measuring yourself?? Sometimes the scales wont move but cm will drop off. Do your clothes fit a bit better or getting a bit lose? Do you feel less jiggly and more tonned? We are so hell bent of numbers on a scale but when you google images of fit 70kg women and unfit 70 kg women there is a big difference. You onky have a small amount to lose so I would be going by measurements not scales.

Hi. Yes I've been measuring and my measurements haven't changed at all either. I do feel less jiggly but think It's all in my head lol. Yes and my fitness has increased dramatically over the last three weeks. Will just keep up the hard work and see how I go. Thanks for your reply :)
  • penniroc
    Options

What you eat doesn't matter for weight loss, calories only. Obviously for nutrition and satiety it's a different matter. And often people find keeping full fat products help with hunger. I use semi-skimmed milk purely for preference but full fat everything else. And carbs are not the enemy either, some find them an easy place to cut calories but it's not necessary.

You have just restarted exercising so you will be retaining water from that. Upping calories is never the answer to not losing weight but if there's room to eat more and you're happy to lose more slowly there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's certainly the route I've chosen because I like to eat!

Also important to use other metrics to track progress too, body measurements, fitness goals, the fit of clothes. I've lost maybe 14lbs this entire year but dropped at least a dress size if not more and several inches.

That's what I thought. Calories in bs calories out and as long as I'm creating a deficit at the end of the day o should be losing weight. I'm hopping that it's just my body holding water weight because I've just started back. I am finding it hard to stick to 1200 calories a day as you can probably see from my diary a dim happy to lose weight at a slow rate it not no weight at all lol. I do feel like my clothes are fitting looser and I am
    Feeling fitter but can this eve be possible if my weight and measurements are staying the exact same?? I've roughly worked out my tdee to be1900 so as long as I eat under that and keep exercising I should start to see results soon enough right? Just takes time. Either way I am eating healthier than before :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

That's what I thought. Calories in bs calories out and as long as I'm creating a deficit at the end of the day o should be losing weight. I'm hopping that it's just my body holding water weight because I've just started back. I am finding it hard to stick to 1200 calories a day as you can probably see from my diary a dim happy to lose weight at a slow rate it not no weight at all lol. I do feel like my clothes are fitting looser and I am
    Feeling fitter but can this eve be possible if my weight and measurements are staying the exact same?? I've roughly worked out my tdee to be1900 so as long as I eat under that and keep exercising I should start to see results soon enough right? Just takes time. Either way I am eating healthier than before :)

If you are retaining water it throw off measurements a bit too, couple that with the human nature not to be able to measure precisely in the same place every time or pull the tape measure to the exact same tension, it may be too early to see changes there too.

Honestly, just give it a little more time. As I said, with my smaller losses this year I only see a loss once a month. I'm losing the entire time it's just that scales are too simple a technology to show me it any more regularly. Even when I have a larger deficit I still only lose in whooshes, just how it goes for me and my body.

And all calculators are just best estimates, you will be able to work out what your TDEE is over time but again this requires patience and some degree of accuracy (which you seem to have nailed as well as anyone can) but yes, as long as you're under it the changes will come eventually.
  • penniroc
    Options

If you are retaining water it throw off measurements a bit too, couple that with the human nature not to be able to measure precisely in the same place every time or pull the tape measure to the exact same tension, it may be too early to see changes there too.

Honestly, just give it a little more time. As I said, with my smaller losses this year I only see a loss once a month. I'm losing the entire time it's just that scales are too simple a technology to show me it any more regularly. Even when I have a larger deficit I still only lose in whooshes, just how it goes for me and my body.

And all calculators are just best estimates, you will be able to work out what your TDEE is over time but again this requires patience and some degree of accuracy (which you seem to have nailed as well as anyone can) but yes, as long as you're under it the changes will come eventually.
    Thanks again for Your advice and help. You e been such a great help and have inspired me to keep Going and not give up :)
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    And to follow up, scales that measure bodyfat are not accurate.

Mine reckon that at a US6-8/UK10-12 I'm 41%. I might still have weight to lose but no. I laughed long and hard.

Yeah the body comp scales can be pretty off- the one at my gym is always 5% higher than my home scale for body fat percentage. The important thing is to see if the numbers are moving in the right direction though (body fat going down, muscle/lean mass going up or staying the same), and you should always measure first thing in the morning after using the bathroom & before eating/drinking anything for a more consistent reading.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    OP sorry about misreading your exercise info! Oops. You sound quite active!

Well if your body fat went down 1% that is progress, yay!

Do check on your protein intake, that's really important to get right (I know from personal experience). And watch out that you aren't going way over on carbs.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,866 Member
    Options
    use a trending weight app. Between the exercise and the small amount of weight to lose and being female water retention will drive you batty when trying to figure out small changes in weight. Also aim for 0.5 to 1lb a week... and be prepared to wait a few weeks.

Last, but not least, if you're feeling better, and you're able to do more, and you feel stronger, even if the scales are not yet reflecting all that... all these things are good!

Also... your tdee based on the exercise you are reporting is much more than what you think it is.

On an eyeball, based on you being on your feet all day plus your exercise, if you were to NOT add the exercise from your polar (or anything else you mentioned) back onto MFP, you would probably be spending calories equal to MFP's "very active" setting.

Alternatively you should set yourself as lightly active on MFP AND add all the calories you count on your polar (i.e. the 300-600 a day on top).