Inpatient

Options
Ive been calorie counting and exercising for three days now and weigh more ! What's going on ?????

Replies

• Bee_Le
    Bee_Le Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Keep doing it for a few weeks. Three days is not enough time.. your weight will just fluctuate up/down during the week, but that's normal.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Ive been calorie counting and exercising for three days now and weigh more ! What's going on ?????

Impatience is what's going on. :D

Seriously, you need to give it more time. Continue calorie counting, exercising if you want, and staying in a calorie deficit, and come back in 4-6 weeks and let us know how it's going.

You didn't gain weight overnight, so you won't lose it in the same amount of time either.
    Patient in hospital or treatment center or impatient?

That was going to be my question too, but you beat me to it.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    This chart may help you:

lsd3wuqjal3x.jpg
  • connorlauren3638
    connorlauren3638 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Impatient xxxx
  • connorlauren3638
    connorlauren3638 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thankyou guys
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    When you begin exercising, your body'll retain water; for muscle repair. You'll also retain water, via consuming sodium & menstruation. I don't apply the 4 ~ 6 week logic, to menstruating women; since cycles're typically 28 days (some people consider 4 weeks, to be a month; which varies 1 ~ 3 days depending upon the month).
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Three days?! Patience grasshopper. I doubt you gained the weight in 3 days, it will take more than 3 days to lose it.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Was this post necessary, since it seems that you understood; what she meant? This is exactly & rightfully, why there're "mean people" threads. She came here for advice, not to be ridiculed!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thankyou guys

You are so welcome! You CAN do this!
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, you need to remember that your weight is not going to just drop off of you the minute you want it to. It's only been 3 days!! Lots of things can cause your weight to go up a lb or two. As stated above, new exercise routine, your monthly cycle, too much sodium, etc.

Also, make sure you log your food correctly. Use a good scale and weigh everything you eat.

Biggest thing I can recommend though is to give it time. I don't even think I dropped my first few lbs in 3 days.
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost 3 lbs more in the night compared to the morning. Patience, grasshopper, patience. You didn't gain all the weight in 3 days. You're not going to lose in 3 days either.
  • TreyTnt9
    TreyTnt9 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Was this post necessary, since it seems that you understood; what she meant? This is exactly & rightfully, why there're "mean people" threads. She came here for advice, not to be ridiculed!
    "there're" is not a word.

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Chill out- 3 days is nothing.

• DeficitDuchess
    edited October 2016
    Options

I saw none of the ridicule that you claim. I saw a gentle ribbing a.k.a. humour. If the OP didn't take offence, why should you?

1st there're a multitude of reasons, why someone becomes overweight, underweight, etc. 2nd much of the time, it involves emotions, low/no self esteem, etc. It's best not to assume, that someone isn't sensitive; especially when seeking help. No 1 should be expected, to have "thick skin" because no 1 should be attempting, to test/puncture it! It's also unrealistic to believe, that because someone doesn't complain, that they aren't offended!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    TreyTnt9 wrote: »

I shorten my words (by combining them), extend my sentences (by using excessive/inappropriate amounts of commas & semicolons), etc.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I shorten my words (by combining them), extend my sentences (by using excessive/inappropriate amounts of commas & semicolons), etc.

Can I ask why? I'd not have asked, but you brought it up.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited October 2016
    Options

Can I ask why? I'd not have asked, but you brought it up.

Well shortening/combining my words, means that I type/read less. As for the run on sentences, I dislike completing a sentence; in the middle of an explanation of something (if that makes sense). I also dislike overly using commas, so I use semicolons; as commas when not listing things within a sentence.