Apetamin???

So, I've been taking this Cyproheptadine syrup called Apetamin for about two weeks. I haven't really seen any results in my body, but I guess I've been eating more. Last week, which was my first week, I got down between 2000 and 2600 calories a day. This week I started to test my body a little bit Lol, I'm eating between 3,000 to 3,400. Now I'm still if it's the Apetamin tho, because of the time I'm trying to force the calories. So, if anyone else is taking the Apetamin and feeling this way let me know lol! Happy gaining

Replies

• lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    I'm also taking Apetamin. I wasn't seeing results at first but then I started noticing that I couldn't fit certain clothes anymore. I'm trying to eat at least 3000 calories a day but its hard. But the Apetamin has helped a lot. My starting weight was 114 and as of now I'm at 130. I'm also drinking Ensure plus shakes too.
  • N1keS0cc8rRunne7
    N1keS0cc8rRunne7 Posts: 43 Member
    Haha...I actually thought this was Amphetamine misspelled and was going to comment about how much Adderall helped me lose weight!
  • gainme123
    gainme123 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm also taking Apetamin. I wasn't seeing results at first but then I started noticing that I couldn't fit certain clothes anymore. I'm trying to eat at least 3000 calories a day but its hard. But the Apetamin has helped a lot. My starting weight was 114 and as of now I'm at 130. I'm also drinking Ensure plus shakes too.

Girl, tell me about it! It's so stressful trying to keep track of what you're eating, and then when you're done eating a big meal you realize you still have 1000 more calories to go lol. How long have you been on your weight gain journey? Do you make your own shake ?

• gainme123
    Haha...I actually thought this was Amphetamine misspelled and was going to comment about how much Adderall helped me lose weight!

Haha... NOPE
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    gainme123 wrote: »

Girl, tell me about it! It's so stressful trying to keep track of what you're eating, and then when you're done eating a big meal you realize you still have 1000 more calories to go lol. How long have you been on your weight gain journey? Do you make your own shake ?

Yea its a struggle sometimes. I started my journey in July. If I can't get my Ensure Plus shakes then I make my own. Milk, bananas, peanut butter, ice cream, and chocolate syrup...its so good! Lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

Here is a good list of high calorie foods that can help those struggling to get calories. Also, heavy weight lifting always has stimulated my appetite.
  • Rawsgyrl34
    Rawsgyrl34 Posts: 1 Member
    Where do you get the apetamin?
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Rawsgyrl34 wrote: »

Was wondering the same - doesn't seem to be available in the uk
  • comptonelizabeth
    Also this may sound like a silly question but,is it safe to take? I'm on medications for a chronic condition. Plus, does your appetite return to normal when you stop taking it?
    I'm finding that as I push myself to eat more,my appetite has improved anyway. The simple truth is I just wasn't eating enough before!
  • gainme123
    Also this may sound like a silly question but,is it safe to take? I'm on medications for a chronic condition. Plus, does your appetite return to normal when you stop taking it?
    I'm finding that as I push myself to eat more,my appetite has improved anyway. The simple truth is I just wasn't eating enough before!

It's safe but during the first 3-4 days of use it's recommended not to take if you have to work, attend school or drive, because it makes you very drowsy. So, it's best to take during the weekend or when you don't have a lot of daily activities. Also, after you stop taking it your appetite does return back to your usual calorie intake, and honestly idk if you should take it with medicine, but I wouldn't recommend it. I purchase my Apetamin from transmawfoods.com
  • gainme123

Was wondering the same - doesn't seem to be available in the uk

Try transmawfoods.com
  • gainme123

Try transmawfoods.com
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member

It's safe but during the first 3-4 days of use it's recommended not to take if you have to work, attend school or drive, because it makes you very drowsy. So, it's best to take during the weekend or when you don't have a lot of daily activities. Also, after you stop taking it your appetite does return back to your usual calorie intake, and honestly idk if you should take it with medicine, but I wouldn't recommend it. I purchase my Apetamin from transmawfoods.com

so it is safe as long as you sit in your house and do nothing???? LOL
  • gainme123
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Just for the first few days because it makes you really sleepy, but after that I guess your body gets immune and you can continue using while you carry on with your daily routine.
  • psuLemon
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Just for the first few days because it makes you really sleepy, but after that I guess your body gets immune and you can continue using while you carry on with your daily routine.

FYI, the sleepy side effect is due to it being an antihistamine. So at the very least, good for allergies. And like all drugs, there is a subset of non responders. My bigger concern, and this even applies to supplements in general, is there is no controls on quality.
  • sarahi_jesus
    sarahi_jesus Posts: 10 Member
    Is this like Periactin?? Anyone know of this?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

Consult your doctor, or at the very least speak with a pharmacist before combining medications. Many meds interact with each other, and many interact with vitamins, supplements, and even different foods.
  • comptonelizabeth
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Consult your doctor, or at the very least speak with a pharmacist before combining medications. Many meds interact with each other, and many interact with vitamins, supplements, and even different foods.

Yup, think I'll consult with gp. Plus it doesn't seem to be available in the uk - I'd have to order from overseas and I share the concerns about quality.
    Think I'll stick to what I'm doing - I'm finding that my appetite has improved anyway, since I started eating more.
  • psuLemon
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Yup, think I'll consult with gp. Plus it doesn't seem to be available in the uk - I'd have to order from overseas and I share the concerns about quality.
    Think I'll stick to what I'm doing - I'm finding that my appetite has improved anyway, since I started eating more.

Honestly, the biggest thing that stimulates my appetite is lifting heavy. I could eat a horse the day after a good lifting session.