I need critiques and advice please

Options
So I am wanting to attend a modeling competition , the required measurements are 34,24,35 I am now a 35,29,36 I don't know how to shed off the inches on my waist. I also want to lose maybe 10kg I am now 66kg 170cm tall ( I love how I look but to attend this competition means a lot to me so I want to meet my goals) . Thankyou so so much for all comments

Replies

• SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights has helped me shed some weight off my midsection. I also take an abs class using resistance bands once or twice a week. Unfortunately there is no easy way to spot reduce around the waist. I think we'd all have 6 packs if that were the case :D
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you're currently a healthy weight so aim to lose 0.5lbs per week.

do a mixture of cardio and resistance training to retain as much muscle mass as possible. whether you can get your waist down to 24 inches is debatable, you'll just have to see. your current measurements aren't particularly hour glass so i would say its doubtful.
  • topeb
    topeb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    so you literally have the ideal measurements i want. i think cardio is your best friend and eat lots of plant based diet
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I wonder how long you have to accomplish your goal? You might want to pay for one session with a professional experienced trainer who can give you some good advice on what you need to do and if it is possible.

What the heck do we know..right?
  • ameylorene
    ameylorene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all of you this means so much to me <3
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Like @SciWhiz stated, you can't spot reduce.

Lifting weights can make you look better/firmer, but can't make you smaller. If someone is actually going to take a tape to you, your only option is to lose fat.

Granted, I'm a huge advocate for both cardio and strength training, so don't forget about those, but first and foremost is to get your diet straight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    topeb wrote: »
    so you literally have the ideal measurements i want. i think cardio is your best friend and eat lots of plant based diet

No
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    topeb wrote: »

what does "plant based diet" have to do with anything? Are you saying to eat more salad or are you saying to go vegetarian? Neither one will necessarily help the OP to reach her goal.

However, while we are on the subject of diet, making sure you get enough protein is going to help you keep your muscle mass. This helps your weight loss and appearance.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    How many months do you have to work towards your goal?
  • ameylorene
    ameylorene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have 3months