Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• 71lmf
    71lmf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Hey Jey,

You've been doing all the right things, and hopefully you feel better, too. You've got this!

Yep - I agree! :smile:
  • cjdalla
    cjdalla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How'd everyone go? Jey don't worry because you did lots of exercise which lays down all that helpful muscle for fat melting in the future.

My result this week was a bit disappointing given substantial effort. To be fair though I've lost 1.0kg in 3 weeks. It just felt really tough and you know how it is - no visible rewards yet. In fact my face has broken out in acne. Not fair!

Good luck everyone for next week.
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    @jm216 and @71lmf , thank you so much for the encouragement!
    @cjdalla , don't worry - weight loss goes in fits and starts, not steady decreases! I bet you'll see a big improvement next week and be really proud of yourself then. In the meantime, be proud of sticking to your goals and working hard!

For myself, it turns out I was right and my weight has gone up. Not by much (0.4 lbs), but combined with feeling like my body has changed, I don't want that trend to continue. I also don't want to go back to (possible) undereating, though, so my plan for this week is:

- Set my limit at 1200 calories (instead of the 1000 of before) and come in under every day
    - Don't eat back exercise calories, because I'm already raising my limit instead
    - Keep doing a lunchtime couch-to-5K run every weekday
    - Keep doing at least half an hour of other exercise every day (except today)
    - Keep a close eye on my physical feelings and my mood to see how things are working!

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    Ok friends,

I'm starting a 30 day exercise challenge today. Join me if you'd like!

My goal is to add at least 10 minutes of some form of exercise above and beyond walking my dog. Today it's yoga....

❤️Jill
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    I'm starting a 30 day exercise challenge today. Join me if you'd like!
    My goal is to add at least 10 minutes of some form of exercise above and beyond walking my dog. Today it's yoga...

I'll join! I'll fit in ten extra minutes of exercise each day above and beyond what I already do (so my regular things won't count). Sounds fun - and manageable, which is key!

Today, my ten minutes was jogging in place (boring, but convenient) and I've just done it!
  • 71lmf
    Options
    Ok @jm216 and @Jeyradan count me in!
    I'll add 15 mins of body weight exercises to my day :blush:
  • HeyJude007
    HeyJude007 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My goal is to never get off the wagon. I've missed getting back on the wagon, and have been stuck for 15 years. 15 wasted unhealthy stagnant years.
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome Judy! You've found your place now. We're all here for each other. <3

Yesterday I didn't fit in my 10 minutes of extra exercise, so I'll squeeze it in today....

Happy Monday, my friends....time to walk the dog in the fog. :)

Jill
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Jill!
    I once lost 40lb - gained back 20lb. I'm back to lose that gain and more. I know what went wrong, and I'm not going to let it happen again. We can do this!
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't fit in my 10 minutes of extra exercise, so I'll squeeze it in today...

So glad I'm not the only one! I felt bad having missed it on literally the second day of the challenge. Planning to do 20 extra minutes this afternoon to make up for it, though!
    I once lost 40lb - gained back 20lb. I'm back to lose that gain and more. I know what went wrong, and I'm not going to let it happen again. We can do this!

You can do it, and we'll all help and support!
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome ZombieLauren! Love the name <3
    Together we help eachother out.... with no judgement. Jump on in!
  • cjdalla
    Options
    Hi Folks. Thanks for the words of encouragement Jeyradan.

Guess what? I joined a running group. Well out of my comfort zone. I'm naturally shy. Its something I thought only cool fit people did but it was great. Just a beginners group but we ran for 40 minutes. Lovely people and a good coach.

I am finished with the crying over the scales stage so now I want to help other people push through.

It is about consistency. Some days you don't feel motivated to you have to just do it. The hard work might take a couple of weeks to show up but it will show up. The other thing is if you blow out, forgive yourself and treat the next day like a new day.
  • jm216
    Options
    cjdalla wrote: »
    Hi Folks. Thanks for the words of encouragement Jeyradan.

Guess what? I joined a running group. Well out of my comfort zone. I'm naturally shy. Its something I thought only cool fit people did but it was great. Just a beginners group but we ran for 40 minutes. Lovely people and a good coach.

I am finished with the crying over the scales stage so now I want to help other people push through.

It is about consistency. Some days you don't feel motivated to you have to just do it. The hard work might take a couple of weeks to show up but it will show up. The other thing is if you blow out, forgive yourself and treat the next day like a new day.

So proud of you! It's about enjoying yourself along the journey, and doing things that make you stronger both physically and mentally.
  • 71lmf
    Options
    The excuses have been winning - time to buckle down :/
  • cjdalla
    Options
    Yeh buckle down for sure. But don't beat yourself up. Think about the new you that's just around the corner.

Thanks jm216. I am so happy to have made a change in my life. It took 3 weeks to start feeling even slightly better but I am so glad that I made it to week 4 without caving.
  • jm216
    Options
    You all are awesome! Just remember that. :)

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Friday B)<3
  • jm216
    Options
    Hello friends!

I've been struggling this past week, and need to get back on the wagon. :/

Jill
  • jm216