Ate all my calories before 3pm

Options
ToreToodles
ToreToodles Posts: 59 Member
edited October 2016 in Food and Nutrition
As stated above I don't have anymore calories left unless I exercise. In Case I don't get a chance to, will water keep me from starving by evening?

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Eat up to your maintenance calories. Just set mfp diet profile to 'maintain' just for today and eat up to those calories, then change it back to lose for tomorrow. You will still lose weight, just a tiny bit less than usual. No biggie.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    When this happens to me, I just get to stepping.. meaning I take a long walk and earn a few back.
  • ToreToodles
    Options
    If you are hungry, eat. Accept that you won't be perfect every day.

Yes you're right. Only if I'm hungry, thank you

• ToreToodles
    Options
    Eat up to your maintenance calories. Just set mfp diet profile to 'maintain' just for today and eat up to those calories, then change it back to lose for tomorrow. You will still lose weight, just a tiny bit less than usual. No biggie.

This is a fabulous idea, instead of 2pds a week I'll adjust it to 1pd just for today if necessary. Thank you so much!

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie limit without added exercise? What happened to knock you of plan?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

This is a fabulous idea, instead of 2pds a week I'll adjust it to 1pd just for today if necessary. Thank you so much!

You're welcome.

How much have you got to lose?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Or instead of changing settings day by day when this happens just know that if you set to lose 2 lbs a week your calorie goal is 1,000 calories below maintenance, 1 lb is 500, .5 lb is 250. Don't eat more than your calorie goal plus those amounts.
    Look at your weekly calories instead of just daily as well. One slightly higher day isn't a big deal.

Eat if you are hungry. There are lots of foods under 500 calories.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Water works, for me... like a half hour. You're gonna be gnawing your arm off by bedtime.

If you're into it, diet soda works great.

Or you could simply chalk it up to a learning experience, eat and take a hundred calories or so off for the next few days to cover it.

You have options! :)
  • ToreToodles
    Options
    futureicon wrote: »
    When this happens to me, I just get to stepping.. meaning I take a long walk and earn a few back.

Yes, to make myself feel better I did 15 minutes of dancing.. Burned 120 calories. Not much but at least I can have a small snack now.

• ToreToodles
    Options
    What is your calorie limit without added exercise? What happened to knock you of plan?

My limit is 1300. Just the fact that there was food around. I only started a week ago. Lost 4 pounds and I refuse to stop so soon. I burned 120 cals by dancing 15 min. I feel on track again.
  • ToreToodles
    Options
    Dano74 wrote: »
    Water works, for me... like a half hour. You're gonna be gnawing your arm off by bedtime.

If you're into it, diet soda works great.

Or you could simply chalk it up to a learning experience, eat and take a hundred calories or so off for the next few days to cover it.

You have options! :)

I went ahead and worked out, not much burned off 125 but now I'm back to 91 cals left for the day. Thanks!

• ToreToodles
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

Or instead of changing settings day by day when this happens just know that if you set to lose 2 lbs a week your calorie goal is 1,000 calories below maintenance, 1 lb is 500, .5 lb is 250. Don't eat more than your calorie goal plus those amounts.
    Look at your weekly calories instead of just daily as well. One slightly higher day isn't a big deal.

Eat if you are hungry. There are lots of foods under 500 calories.[/quote

I will def keep that in mind. Thanks so much!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Do like Martin told Pam
  • ToreToodles
    Options

You're welcome.

How much have you got to lose?

Trying to lose 85 pounds, no specific time limit. Down 4pds so far. From 250 to 165 is where I'm headed. Wish me luck!