Fit bit and MFP

Options
Hi Im new to using my Fit bit linked to MFP account.MFP states due to the amount of steps Ive done its added another 997 calories through exercise but according to Fit Bit 1300 calories means im in the zone - so if i eat 997 more calories then Fit Bit will tell me im over budget!Is anyone able to help me?Should I eat the calories added by exercise in MFP or stick to the 1300 advised by Fit Bit?Thanks

Replies

• aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just pick one. For me, my Fitbit is slightly lower (by maybe 50 calories, depending on the amount of exercise I do). I always log my exercise into my Fitbit (which is linked to MFP). Both apps calculate exercise slightly differently so you would see a difference there. Either way, the difference should not be that big, so pick one and just track using that. The fewer calories you eat, the faster the weight will come off (assuming you are eating at least the minimum amount of calories, too few will cause your metabolism to stall). 997 calories seems like a lot, just for steps unless you are hitting 15-20k steps per day, or are heavier. If you are really walking that much, FitBit should adjust accordingly. Mine does. Are you logging your exercises into Fitbit or MFP?
  • kglenny
    kglenny Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I walked over 15,000 steps today so I do walk alot.Im 5 foot 7 and just under 11 stone so not too heavy either although id like to lose a few pounds ha.There just seems to be a difference between them both.I log the exercise through Fit Bit and it syncs into MFP so I do it that way.Easily confused!Is there something Im meant to do with settings :)
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    There must be! the 15k steps a day makes sense that there would be 900 calorie addition to MFP, but there should be a pretty similar increase to FitBit. Mine are always a bit off, but not more than 100 calories.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I use FitBit to track my step, exercise and weight. Use MFP to track my eating and calories. Since I am using MFP to track my calories and eating, I use the calorie count in MFP as opposed to FitBit to tell me how many calories to eat per day. FitBit always tells me I have more calories to eat than MFP does. I rather err on the side of caution and eat the fewer calories
  • jodilynnsanders5104
    Options
    WingMan380 wrote: »
    I use FitBit to track my step, exercise and weight. Use MFP to track my eating and calories. Since I am using MFP to track my calories and eating, I use the calorie count in MFP as opposed to FitBit to tell me how many calories to eat per day. FitBit always tells me I have more calories to eat than MFP does. I rather err on the side of caution and eat the fewer calories

I agree