Body Clensing proucts...

Options
I have just started trying to lose weight again, I have about 40 lbs that I would like to lose... I Lost about 6 lbs then kinda fell off the wagon so to speak, two weeks ago I jumped back in, in the last two weeks have only lost 1.2lbs... Now I know there are some things I can do better and I plan on doing them forsure! But a friend of mine suggested I use a total body cleansing product just to jump start things. He recently lost 55 lbs from cutting calories and working out. I have never used anything like this before, I am not one to use appitite suppresants or anything like that, this seems harmless, but benificial but I am just not sure! I know that its only going to get rid of probably water weight and what not, but I am sure cleaning the toxins from your body cant be a bad thing... anways not sure what I want to do just wondered what everyone else thought:wink:

Replies

• AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Blech! No! Anything like that is bad!!! Retaining water is a sign that your body has a high impurity or sodium level, so it's holding onto water to try to keep you in the balance! The best "body cleansing product" is MORE WATAH! Things like hydroxycut dehydrate your body and other products faux assist you in weight loss. Drink more water, whenever you think about it, and you should see the end of water retention. (Though you may go to the bathroom often for the first couple of weeks.)
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    If you really want to cleanse, do an all vegetable juice fast. Nothing can compare to what that can clean out. All of those products out there on the shelves (like most products) are useless and contain crap that is no good for you. Just eat cleaner and you will feel better. :)
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Lemon water is a very common cleanse that doesn't require you to do anything drastic. You're supposed to start your day with some lemon in hot water (I do cold water anyway). Also if you drink a shot of apple cidar vinegar everyday it has a lot of health benefits
  • Kristybalogh
    Options
    I guess I dont really understand what these body cleansing detox things are... I have looked into the one Bob Harper endorsses I would think his would be legit, but maybe not? I guess I just want faster results then my body wants to give me. however drinking more water is def. something I need to do, not a big water drinker at all. I try to drink about 4 or 5 cups a day but its hard!
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change! There are no miracle diets, cleanses, etc. Just try to eat healthy and get some exercise. Also losing a lb or 2 a week is good. You are more likely to keep the weight off if you lose it slowly. If you go on a quick weight loss program, do cleanses, etc., you will just gain the weight right back when you go back to your normal eating habits.

Good Luck!

Mary
  • Kristybalogh
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change! There are no miracle diets, cleanses, etc. Just try to eat healthy and get some exercise. Also losing a lb or 2 a week is good. You are more likely to keep the weight off if you lose it slowly. If you go on a quick weight loss program, do cleanses, etc., you will just gain the weight right back when you go back to your normal eating habits.

Good Luck!

Mary

I am not necessarily looking for a quix fix, I know its all about change and I am totally up for it. I just heard that these were good in getting you on the right track and to jump start things a little... but I am sure you guys are right and its going to be a waste of money! It can just be so depressing when you only see a .2lb loss for the week:( I know i have to just keep going! Thanks guys:smile:
  • ianconcidine
    Options
    I agree with mapinkerton. When people say they are doing something to cleanse the toxins from their body I don't really know what they mean. What toxins? What is a toxin? What is the biological makeup of a toxin? Just eat right and exercise.
  • mariamcneal
    Options
    Hello,

Body cleansing is a good way to get rid of toxins that you may have put in your body such as antibiotics, preservatives and chemicals from fast food and processed foods, pesticides from some farm-grown plants and products, etc. My husband try to cleanse ourselves at least twice a year. I have used three. One is called Total Body Cleanse; it is available at Wal-Mart and it is a thirty day cleanse with all natural ingredients. It was gentle and I felt more energized within the week. It also makes you very regular. Irregularity is a good sign that you are probably backed up with toxins and have some extra weight in the tummy that you can get rid of. Another cleanser that I used more recently is called the Cleaner, and this one is available at GNC as well as local drug store chains like Rite Aid. It is also all natural, and it works FAST! I got the seven-day formula for myself and my husband and it took less than two days to start seeing results. If you are going to start using a cleanser, make sure that you take some probiotics to replenish what will be cleaned out. You can find them at the drug store, or in yogurts. Hope this helps!
  • mariamcneal
    Options
    Make no mistake, this is NOT to provide a replacement to exercise and a good diet because you need that no matter what; however, the RIGHT cleanse is just that- a cleanse to get toxins and chemicals that you ingest out of your body to get your body systems working more regularly. They are also great if you find that you are starting to have unhealthy cravings or find yourself wanting to eat a lot more than normal.
  • Kristybalogh
    Options
    Make no mistake, this is NOT to provide a replacement to exercise and a good diet because you need that no matter what; however, the RIGHT cleanse is just that- a cleanse to get toxins and chemicals that you ingest out of your body to get your body systems working more regularly. They are also great if you find that you are starting to have unhealthy cravings or find yourself wanting to eat a lot more than normal.

Thanks! I do know that its still important for me to keep eating well and working out. A friend of mine suggested this and I thought I would give it some thought, I waant exactly sure what they did, however your info has helped me a lot thanks!
  • Kristybalogh
    Options
    Blech! No! Anything like that is bad!!! Retaining water is a sign that your body has a high impurity or sodium level, so it's holding onto water to try to keep you in the balance! The best "body cleansing product" is MORE WATAH! Things like hydroxycut dehydrate your body and other products faux assist you in weight loss. Drink more water, whenever you think about it, and you should see the end of water retention. (Though you may go to the bathroom often for the first couple of weeks.)

I was just looking at your profile and noticed you are from Waterford MI, I was born and raised there! Small world!