Would like to lose at least 15lbs by August 18th, is it poss

Options
Hello, so I have a quick trip to Vegas next month on August 19th for a good friends birthday. I know I can't loose all my weight by then but do you think its possible to lose half, like 15lbs? If I just stick to eating 1200 calories and working out cardio 4 times a week? Just don't wanna set my goal to high and be upset if I don't reach it! Thanks guys! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Try the 17-Day Diet, Accelerate Cycle. You could definitely lose 15 lbs. by then if you follow it assiduously until then. I've lost 24 pounds and my results are consistent when I follow the this diet. Get the book (available online and on Kindle). You can view my diary if you want to see what's working for me.
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I think if you put your mind to it, you will be able to achieve your goal. Even if you do not reach the 15 lbs mark, you still lost something. Don't starve yourself either, you want it to be healthy weight loss.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You can do it and another factor that with help you loose that weight is : lots of water like 10 glasses+ and don't keep the water in the fridge, just drink it room temperature, trust me it worked for me. Have fun........:-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    MFP has had me on 1200 cals since I started and I've lost around 2.5 lbs a week without too much effort (other than not eating things I shouldn't!). It won't be easy but it's possible, just about.
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    15 lbs in one month? That sounds a little steep. Unless you're sedentary and eating horribly right now so that any change is dramatic, I wouldn't think it was a realistic goal. I'd aim for more like 8-10lbs with strict discipline.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    When you close out your diary for the day, what does MFP say you'll weigh in 5 weeks?
  • califigureeight
    Options
    When you close out your diary for the day, what does MFP say you'll weigh in 5 weeks?
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    Depends how much you have to lose, I have been up and down with the same 5 pounds for months!
  • vdubmomma
    vdubmomma Posts: 56
    Options
    @califigureeight its says 147. :/
  • tambink
    tambink Posts: 349
    Options
    :smile: I think you can go on the 17 day diet and follow it to the t and you will loose it Im on it and I have lost 38 pounds since april. You may friend me and you can look and see what I eat I am back on cycle 2 now but I can loose it on this diet and plus I love it.
  • nikaface
    nikaface Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I'm no fitness expert but that is probably a hefty goal. However, I just joined MFP last week and when I log my food for the day on my phone app it actually shows me what my projected weight should be in 5 weeks based on that days activity and calories. So you could check that out.
  • califigureeight
    Options
    Depends how much you have to lose, I have been up and down with the same 5 pounds for months!

I would subtract that from your current weight and assume that that's the amount you need to loose. Keep in mind that you would have to take in the same amount of calories for 5 weeks.