Can't believe I'm here again, who knew you had to KEEP working once you hit your goals?!

Options
I am the definition of fit to fat to fit and on the fast track for fat again. The cycle never ends. I'm either way too into it or just not into doing the work at all! This time around it's all about finding the balance of fun (first!), food and fitness. I'm sure my body will thank me, it must be tired of all the stretching and shrinking. Are you in the same boat as me?

Replies

• TomTheDon1982
    TomTheDon1982 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain !!
    I either train well or not at all . And it goes straight to my stomach
  • steve85helsel
    steve85helsel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yea. Same boat. Lost count of how many times I hit reset and started tracking again. This is yet another. I also do the same thing. Get fully into it or not at all
  • coffeethencardio
    coffeethencardio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. My weight has been up, down, and all around since my teen years. I'm so over it too!
  • cynthypitt
    cynthypitt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sure am glad it's not just me that feels that way! I am either all in or all out! Not sure why I keep doing that to myself! It not only affects me physically, but emotionally when I do that!
  • ashleyx41987
    ashleyx41987 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I have CFS so I always yo-yo. I'll get about 6 wks of really intense workouts in before my body crashes and I'm out for about 2-6 wks. It's terrible and very frustrating. This time instead of daily lifting sessions and extreme dieting I'm trying to only work out for 1.5 hrs 5x a week (but I did add 2 days of hiking so maybe I'm not really taking a break lol) and upping my calories. So far it seems to be working better, down 13 lbs in 6 wks.
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Been on the roller coaster many times. Hoping to get off for the last time......
  • dws00
    dws00 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, I've always been all or none when it comes to exercise and cardio.
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Same boat - I can be in a great place and one little speed bump can derail me. Working hard to change that mindset! We can do this!
  • Bigsur2
    Bigsur2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Been fighting that struggle for the past 10 years. It does suck.
  • JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    No doubt! It is tricky staying on track, especially when life takes over. But I look at it like a lifelong thing...so I don't stress too much anymore. I just keep getting back on the bike!
  • kimirayray
    kimirayray Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    it's a crazy train - off and on and off and on - who has the answer? lol - I guess just keep tracking
  • delboy604
    delboy604 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Toatally
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Glad we're all "normal" I generally keep up my workouts but I've struggled with food / portions for sure... and 10 pounds on a girl under 5 foot means pants don't fit. grrrrrrrr Mentally ready for the food portion!
    I truly just have NOT wanted to cook lately.
  • steve85helsel
    steve85helsel Posts: 18 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well it seems we all in the same boat feel free to add me. Maybe we can keep eachother motivated.
  • MichelleReneeOC
    MichelleReneeOC Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So stoked to read all the responses — I enjoyed reading each and every one. Definitely a push to get at it on days like these when the couch and binging shameless on Netflix seems like the best option.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    This is my third time logging calories on MFP. The first two times I lost my weight fairly efficiently. This time it's been much slower, but I have huge confidence that I'm done with yoyoing. I'm confident because I won't have to get myself psyched up for the effort it took to lose my weight "efficiently". Meandering my way down to goal has been so easy that I can easily envision doing it on and off (within maybe a 5lb range) for the rest of my life.