What is your why? Why are you doing this?

Replies

• Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    I want to be healthy. I have kids and I want to be around for them for a long time. Also, I want to have mobility into my old age. Weight can cause you to lose mobility even if you stick around for a long time. I was thin and I know how it feels. I'm not a vain person and I don't particularly care if I look overweight, but I want to feel light on my feet and healthy like that again. I also want to set a good example for my kids, whom I feel have picked up bad habits from me and my husband.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    Pretty much exactly what you said!!!
    momofGD wrote: »
    I'm just curious as to why you are loosing weight?

For me it's not just about the number on the scale. It is an overall fitness journey so I may transform my body, mind, and my soul. I want to truly live an amazing life. I want to help people. Motivate them and inspire them. I want to be the best mom, best friend, best wife that I can be.

Why are you loosing?

• jennlove333
    jennlove333 Posts: 6 Member
    To be more comfortable in every way...I feel it holds me back and I'm sick of my life revolving around my weight.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    At first years ago it was to be skinny. Now it's to be strong and healthy, balanced and fit.

I have 10-20 lbs to go before we try for our second child which is a HUGE motivation for me since we want a large family. I want to not only be healthy for my family but for my kids to grow up seeing what that is/entails.

I want this for me just as much as for them. I am worlds away from when I started.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    I'm 47 and want to look as good as I can and be as active as I can as I get older. I love snowboarding and biking and all kinds of stuff that was so much harder even with just 20+ extra pounds.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    I was sick of being fat.