Back with a vengeance.....

Options
I'm back on here after having my weight go no where for the past year, I wanted to start fresh because I went and gave my profile a crap name, so it was pretty much a name change. I'm looking for people to support and be supportive, I really don't like negativity so if you like to whinge we won't get on BUT I do believe in a good bitching session from time to time, it's good for your head and soul. I'm not religious either, just in case that's important to people. I have tons of knowledge on nutrition and exercise but have lacked accountability. I love people, collaboration and having fun! Oh and adventures, even little ones! So here's the story......

I'm 35 (haha I was about to type 33....I feel younger in spirit!), about 210lbs and want to get down to 140lbs but want to do it in a steady way, life change vs diet.

BF declared the other day he's fed up with being over weight and asked would I be on board with changing how we eat.....I said yes, it was a little yes but a yes none the less. I have a gammy (does that translate? ie bad) leg that likes to be painful and annoying, so like a bad family member. But it's coming round again after some rest and massage and ice. I discovered cycling this year but it is facing into Autumn/Winter here (we kinda only have two seasons really here, Ireland :P) so might not be out there that much. I would live in the water if that worked......used to windsurf and dive, kayak these days but not much due to injury. Hoping that'll change in the next few weeks.....but it's gonna be cold.....I'm less of a wuss once I'm out there and I'm starting to get my Eskimo roll.

Apart from that starting my own biz, web dev/marketing for tourism businesses, very early days so I had been using chips or crisps as we like to call them, wine/beer and dark chocolate as my relief. I'm also a bit of a hippy at heart so I meditate some times.....but then I forget and start reading more entrepreneurship stuff which stresses me out more, so I guess I'm a hippy/productivity mash up, bit of a battle which wins out.

And I've been introduced to gaming by the BF, I didn't think I'd start playing video games as an adult but my niece and nephew love it because they can talk 'shop' with us and my sister (who's actually younger) feels totally left out, she's hip enough otherwise, she'll be fine!

So that's a bit of me. My main thing here is to sharpen up my eating, I could certainly do with exercising more but food is my bigger challenge. I love all things salty so I'm hoping olives will help me through! And nutritional yeast flakes, they have been a savory savior in the past! I'll be exercising mostly at home using some weights or body weight exercises.

And I watch John Oliver, Narcos, Mr Robot and Jane the Virgin..... eclectic! :P

Replies