Finally below 200lbs! Happy/sad day.

Options
FaylinaMeir
FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
edited October 2016 in Success Stories
When I was younger (before 8 for sure) I was always super tall and super thin. I had a hard time finding clothes because I was so petite. Jump to medical issues and puberty I was obese and that turned into morbid obesity. At the highest weight I EVER saw on the scale (although I'm sure it probably got higher at some point) I was 298 lbs. I wanted to die, I went so far as to tell my husband if I ever saw a 3 in front of that scale... that was it.

This whole process started 8+ years ago with simple changes like no corn syrup and trying to get as non processed as possible. I've tried a lot of different "diets" from raw veganism to keto and all the way around. It's crazy to think about the process. After many failed attempts, injuries, and heartbreaks (not to mention quitting smoking!) I've gotten into a routine.

This morning I weighed in at 199.3lbs. I honestly cannot remember the last time my weight started with a 1, probably around puberty. I am turning 29 in 3 weeks time. My hips have gone from almost 60inches to 43 inches this morning and my waist is down to 38 inches. :smiley:

I dunno why I'm sharing this. I cried this morning on the scale. I cried because I was happy but I also cried because I was sad. My husband had to fly out yesterday (military) and I was so angry it didn't happen yesterday. Of course I took photos I just wish he could have seen. He'll say things to me like "you're looking thin in the face" and I'll jokingly argue with him although I am finally starting to see it. I still have at least 60lbs before I'm at what I'd consider acceptable and I know i'll get there in due time. I know I'll have loose skin (I already have a good bit) and who knows if I'll have any boobs left by then LOL, but I'd rather be a flat chested flying squirrel than be 298lbs again.

Replies

• N0703989
    N0703989 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha,

Fantastic news I'm so pleased for you. Just like you I can't remember the last time I saw a 1 but you've made it happen. Way to go!
  • ckenda2
    ckenda2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Faylina! It sounds like you've been losing weight in a healthy, consistent way. Also quitting smoking-- that is great! My husband also goes away regularly for work so I know it sucks when something cool happens, you reach a milestone, and there's no one next to you to share it with. In the end though, it's about you, being happy with your own accomplishments, and having control over your choices. I'm sure your husband is proud of you and will celebrate with you from afar. Us internet strangers will celebrate with you right here! :)
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making it under 200. That is quite a bit of work and you should be proud!

Big hugs on the hubs flying out. SO is a 22 year combat vet...never easy with the going or the returning. ✈
  • BarbaraJatmfp
    BarbaraJatmfp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You made it to ONEderland! Now enjoy it because you have earned it.
  • Mojorisen1
    Mojorisen1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being in Onderland. And good luck to you on the rest of your journey. :)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You should be so proud. That is an amazing accomplishment and you have done great things for your health (even if you end up a flying squirrel :smiley: ).
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Fantastic accomplishment. Just think of how shocked your hubby will be to see what you look like when he comes home. <3
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    sam1053 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! I hit 200 today, so I know how exciting it is.

woohoo! Way to go :blush:

I treated myself to a new pair of jeans! I am able to fit into skinny size 14 jeans. I wanted to cry in the store LOL (and my "treat" was due to my only other pair of jeans getting a hole in a not nice area, ugh!)
    Of course I weigh myself this morning and I gain 3lbs but since i'm swollen I know it's water weight. I also have this nasty habit of lose inches gain weight... well whatever!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Awesome! 'Flat-chested flying squirrel' made me all :D . Thanks to your hubby for his service!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Sorry your husband wasn't there, but I'm sure he's thrilled for you from afar!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I don't even know you and I'm SUPER proud of you! Hang in there while your hubby is gone. You're amazing!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was below 200 for 1 day. Then above 200 for the next 2 weeks. Then back below 200 and have been below 200 for a couple of weeks now and am below 195. Be patient. Stay on the program.
  • afeezlalji2016
    afeezlalji2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You've accomplished a lot. Be proud and enjoy the moment. I know you wanted it to happen with your husband there... but we just can't order these special success to arrive at a certain time. Also.. it is your success..and only yours..so be happy. Before you know it you'll be at your final goal weight.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to Onederland!!!
    I got there myself just this summer. It's a crazy feeling, right? I feel like it happened yesterday and I remember it well.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well done and you have another massive achievement within sight - 198 pounds = 100 pounds down :) - that deserves another treat!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!