Ladies- Question about cycles

Options
cass0314
cass0314 Posts: 39 Member
edited October 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi ladies. I'm down 15lbs over the course of the last 6 weeks. I track my periods each month using an app and I completely skipped my September period. I'm 99% sure I'm not pregnant-my cycles tend to be long (35ish day) and not the most regular. I work a fairly demanding corporate job and go through bouts of stress often (I have horrific anxiety so I become stressed to the max about things others don't think twice about), plus I've completely stopped eating fast food for the last 39 days. I'm wondering if this sudden (and very significant) shift in my eating habits is causing my cycle to be irregular. I went from eating fast food 1-2 times daily to not at all, plus tracking my calories and not eating more than 1700 daily.

Have any of you experienced something similar?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yes. Losing weight, changing diet, even stress alone can impact your cycles.
  • miaow828
    miaow828 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on the weight loss! I'm in a similar boat with a new stressful job, cut out different food groups to target my stomach irritant, and working out more. So yeah, I feel ya
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I began meticulously tracking calories and dropped 20lbs in about two months, I skipped a period. Then I had two regular ones, and now they're coming every two weeks or so.

Everything to do with my hormones gets so screwed up when I'm losing weight.
  • cass0314
    Options
    powmia828 wrote: »
    First of all, congrats on the weight loss! I'm in a similar boat with a new stressful job, cut out different food groups to target my stomach irritant, and working out more. So yeah, I feel ya

Thank you! I have a long way to go but I'm feeling great about it. :) I'm glad to know I'm not alone with the stress and the weird cycle!
  • cass0314
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »
    Yes, when I began meticulously tracking calories and dropped 20lbs in about two months, I skipped a period. Then I had two regular ones, and now they're coming every two weeks or so.

Everything to do with my hormones gets so screwed up when I'm losing weight.

Yikes! I'm glad to know it's the sudden change in diet that's likely causing my irregularity-I was so nervous because I suppose even being 99% sure I'm not pregnant leaves some room for error. Wouldn't be the end of the world, but the timing is not great, haha. I'm hoping after a couple of months of my diet being what it is now, I can get back to somewhat of a normal cycle.