Anyone Purchased PREMIUM??

I didn't know who to ask or how, but anyone purchase the premium MFP and is it much better then just us people using the free MFP?
i am curious if it would help me with the weight loss better..
Thanks

Replies

• Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    edited October 2016
    pakita19 wrote: »
    I didn't know who to ask or how, but anyone purchase the premium MFP and is it much better then just us people using the free MFP?
    i am curious if it would help me with the weight loss better..
    Thanks

I had it for a year. The extra features are well suited to people doing things like alternate day low calories (intermittent fasting), or setting their macro intakes by grams. If you are doing these types of things, the features are really nice but in my experience not necessary to enjoy MFP.
  • pakita19
    pakita19 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    I like premium because it shows you your protein/fat/carbs breakdown for each meal, and you can set calorie goals per meal.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    All the above plus no ads! I enjoy it. The macros and foods highest in reports are very useful.
  • RebeccaLansdown
    RebeccaLansdown Posts: 101 Member
    I am enjoying the premium features. I like being able to see the breakdown in the fat, carbs and protein I consume every day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Read the features carefully, and decide if they will help you in your goals. There are far too many people who post on here complaining that they bought Premium and it didn't do what they wanted, when MFP never ever said it did that particular thing in the first place.

Further couple points:

1. They boast "premium content" for paid subscribers. It's never eventuated. They posted one blog with 5 recipes months and months ago and that was it. Insult to injury - people using the free version can access that blog anyway.
    2. It is the same food and exercise database, same forums, same recipe builder. None of those change, or improve, with Premium.

• Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    I use premium. A lot of the features are oberstated but the Convenience for macro tracking is worth that feature alone for this guy. But buy the year, not by month if you decide it's for you.