Is there any such thing as too many veggies in a meal?

Options
When I diet I often want to get that feeling of fullness without too many calories. So often this means I might eat,say, 5 cups of broccoli slaw or shaved Brussels sprouts for dinner. Is there any reason to think that completely stuffing my face like this will hinder my weight loss, so long as I'm including it in my daily calorie budget? Thanks!

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep your calories in lower than your calories out you will lose. The only issue I can see is if you eat so many vegetables that you don't get enough protein and fat. Other than that, eat your veggies. :smile:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    There is a limit. I found it. About two weeks ago I ate two pounds boiled spinach, two pounds squash with onions, three-quarters of a pound of mushrooms, and two pounds of boiled potatoes, all within about two hours.

Never again.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Weigh them and log them. You can lose weight eating veggies as you describe.
  • cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There is a limit. I found it. About two weeks ago I ate two pounds boiled spinach, two pounds squash with onions, three-quarters of a pound of mushrooms, and two pounds of boiled potatoes, all within about two hours.

Never again.

RIP GI tract?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Never again.

Never again.

Ouchie!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My dinner plate is quite full with 1/3 cup beans, 1/3 cup rice, 350 g vegetables, and a piece of bread. 350 g converts to 1.47 cups. Count the beans and rice as veg and that gets over 2 cups. No, that's not too much. It's quite enough for this big guy.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    jenelkaye wrote: »
    When I diet I often want to get that feeling of fullness without too many calories. So often this means I might eat,say, 5 cups of broccoli slaw or shaved Brussels sprouts for dinner. Is there any reason to think that completely stuffing my face like this will hinder my weight loss, so long as I'm including it in my daily calorie budget? Thanks!

Not hinder your weight loss if you are within your calorie goal but make sure you are getting proteins and fats. If this is a huge increase in fiber for you then you may have some issues.